- 13% of iPhone users globally are still stuck with iOS 15.
- 6% of iPhone users are using iOS 14 or older versions of iOS.
- 18% of iPad users are still using iPadOS 15.
Apple is all set to kick off WWDC (Worldwide Developers Conference) 2023 Edition on June 5 at Apple Park in California. Apple, at WWDC 2023, is expected to unveil the iOS 17, iPadOS 17, and WatchOS 10 alongside the mixed reality headset. Ahead of WWDC, Apple has shared that 81% of iPhones globally are currently on the latest version of iOS, that is iOS 16.
Apple has also revealed iPadOS 16 share and as per the data shared by the company, around 71% iPads globally are currently running the latest version of iPadOS, that is iPadOS 16. Apart from it, the Cupertino tech giant has also revealed iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 market share. Let us take a closer look at the details.
Apple reveals that 81% of active iPhones globally currently run iOS 16. Out of the remaining 19%, about 13% of iPhone users are still stuck with iOS 15. Whereas, 6% of iPhone users are using iOS 14 or older versions of Apple’s smartphone operating system.
As per the report, out of the iPhones launched in the last four years about 90% are updated to iOS 16. Whereas, around 8% of iPhone 11, iPhone 12 series, iPhone 13 series, and iPhone 14 series users are stuck with iOS 15 and are yet to update to iOS 16. The remaining 2% are still using iOS 14 or older iOS versions.
Also read: New iOS Update Brings Apple’s First-Ever Rapid Security Response: Here’s Why You Should Update
Apple has quite a good record when it comes to making the latest iOS update available for iPhones. To those unaware, all Apple iPhone models launched in/after 2017 are eligible for iOS 16 update. However, it appears that either some users are either not willing to update their iPhones to iOS 16 or are unaware of the update.
Globally 71% iPads Are Updated to iPadOS 16
71% of iPad users have updated their tablets to the latest version of iPadOS, that is iPadOS 16. However, about 20% iPads are still running iPadOS 15. The report reveals that 9% of iPad users are using iPadOS 14 or an older version of iPadOS.
Also read: iOS 17 Features Detailed in a New Leak, Reveals Alleged iPhone 15 Series Features
Out of the iPad models launched in the last four years around 76% are running the latest version of iPadOS 16. Whereas, 18% iPads that were introduced in the last four years are stuck with iPadOS 15. There are about 6% of users of recent iPad models are still using either iPadOS 14 or an even older version of iPadOS.
Apple will soon introduce the latest version of iOS, that is iOS 17. It will be interesting to see if iOS 17 adaptation will be more compared to iOS 16.
... 8 out of 10 iPhones Globally Running iOS 16 Version, Reveals Apple Read More on ... MySmartPrice.