adplus-dvertising
Connect with us

Financial News

Accused of sexual assault, Kevin Spacey pleads not guilty in London

Published

on

Accused of sexual assault Kevin Spacey pleads not guilty in

He totally denies. American actor Kevin Spacey pleaded not guilty, Thursday July 14 in London, during a preparatory hearing before British justice, facing charges of sexual assault on three men. Released after a first hearing almost a month ago, the star actor of the series House of Cards is prosecuted for four sexual assaults on three men between March 2005 and April 2013.

The 62-year-old comedian, who arrived in a blue suit at the Old Bailey court, is also charged with forcing one of them into penetrative sexual activity without his consent, a charge that stands apart from the rape (which involves penetration with a penis) in English law. He pleaded not guilty to all of these charges. Some facts are said to have been committed in the Lambeth district of London, where the Old Vic theater is located, of which he was artistic director between 2004 and 2015.

After the green light from the prosecution, the actor said to himself “disappointed” but had announced his intention to appear before the British courts for “prove his innocence”. “Mr. Spacey vigorously denies any foul play in this case”had already declared on June 16 his lawyer, Patrick Gibbs“he must answer these accusations to continue his life”.

The accusations against him have taken a toll on the career of the two-time Oscar winner for American Beauty and Usual Suspects. Evolving on the boards before being devoted to the cinema, he had been landed by Netflix from the hit series “House of Cards” where he played the main character. His big return to the cinema in the film The Uomo Che Disegno Dio (The man who draws God) had however been announced last year.

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Spread the love