Alexi Giannoulias Biography and Wiki
Alexi Giannoulias born Alexander Giannoulias is an American financier and politician who is the Secretary of State of Illinois. He previously served as the 72nd Illinois Treasurer from 2007 to 2011. A Democrat, Giannoulias defeated Republican candidate State Senator Christine Radogno in November 2006 with 54 percent of the vote, becoming the first Democrat to hold the office in 12 years, at the age of 30.
10 Quick Facts About Alexi Giannoulias
Here is a list are 10 facts
- Name: Alexander Giannoulias
- Age: 47 years old
- Birthday: March 16th
- Zodiac Sign: Pisces
- Height: To be Updated
- Nationality: American
- Occupation: Financier and Politician
- Marital Status: Married
- Salary: To be Updated
- Net worth: $1 million and $5 million
Alexi Giannoulias Age
Giannoulias is 47 years old. He was born on March 16th, 1976 in Chicago, Illinois United States. He also celebrates his birthday on March 16th every year. Moreover, his birth sign is Pisces.
Alexi Giannoulias Height
Alexi stands at an average height. He appears to be quite tall in stature if his photos, relative to his surroundings, are anything to go by. However, details regarding his actual height and other body measurements are currently not publicly available. We will update this section when the information is available.
Alexi Giannoulias Early Life and Education
Giannoulias attended The Latin School of Chicago and then the University of Chicago before transferring to Boston University. Giannoulias graduated cum laude with a bachelor’s degree in economics. He then moved to Greece to play basketball with Panionios B.C. for a year (1998–99).
Giannoulias had played basketball at The Latin School of Chicago and played Division III basketball at the University of Chicago. He then played Division I basketball at Boston University.
After returning from Greece, Giannoulias attended Tulane University Law School. Upon earning his J.D. degree, Alexi returned to Chicago to help manage Broadway Bank, a community bank in Chicago’s Edgewater neighborhood that was founded by his father in 1979.
Rise To Fame
Giannoulias is an American financier and politician who is the Secretary of State of Illinois. He previously served as the 72nd Illinois Treasurer from 2007 to 2011. A Democrat, Giannoulias defeated Republican candidate State Senator Christine Radogno in November 2006 with 54 percent of the vote, becoming the first Democrat to hold the office in 12 years, at the age of 30.
Alexi Giannoulias Family, Parents, and Siblings
Giannoulias was born and raised by his parents in Chicago, Illinois, to Greek immigrants. His mother, Anna, is from Chania, and his late father, Alexis, was from Kalavryta. He has two older brothers, Demetris and George.
Alexi Giannoulias Dating, Wife, and Children
He is married to Jo Terlato. Giannoulias is Greek Orthodox. His partner’s information will be updated as soon as the information is available.
Alexi Giannoulias Salary
Details about his salary are not yet disclosed. However, information about how much he makes will be updated as soon as it is available.
Alexi Giannoulias Net Worth
Alexi has an estimated Net Worth of between $1 million and $5 million. This includes his Assets, Money, and Income. His primary source of income is his career as a financier and politician. Through his various income sources, Giannoulias has accumulated good fortune but prefers to lead a modest lifestyle.
Alexi Giannoulias Measurements and Facts
Here are some interesting facts and body measurements you should know about Giannoulias
Alexi Giannoulias Bio and Wiki
- Full Name: Alexander Giannoulias
- Popular As: Alexi Giannoulias
- Gender: Male
- Occupation / Profession: Financier and Politician
- Nationality: American
- Race / Ethnicity: White
- Religion: Not Available
- Sexual Orientation: Straight
Alexi Giannoulias Birthday
- Age / How Old?: 55 years old
- Zodiac Sign: Gemini
- Date of Birth: June 10th, 1968
- Place of Birth: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
- Birthday: June 10th
Alexi Giannoulias Body Measurements
- Body Measurements: To be Updated
- Height / How Tall?: To be Updated
- Weight: To be Updated
- Eye Color: Dark Brown
- Hair Color: Dark Brown
- Shoe Size: To be Updated
Alexi Giannoulias Family and Relationship
- Father (Dad): Alexis
- Mother: Anna
- Siblings (Brothers and Sisters): Demetris and George
- Marital Status: Married
- Dating/Girlfriend: Married to Jo Terlato
- Children: Not Available
Alexi Giannoulias Networth and Salary
- Net Worth: $1 million and $5 million
- Salary: Under review
- Source of Income: Financier and Politician
Alexi Giannoulias Career
Giannoulias is an American financier and politician who is the Secretary of State of Illinois. He previously served as the 72nd Illinois Treasurer from 2007 to 2011.
A Democrat, Giannoulias defeated Republican candidate State Senator Christine Radogno in November 2006 with 54 percent of the vote, becoming the first Democrat to hold the office in 12 years, at the age of 30.
Giannoulias was a candidate in the 2010 elections for the seat in the United States Senate held by Roland Burris. Burris, who was appointed by Governor Rod Blagojevich to fill the seat vacated by Barack Obama following Obama’s election as President of the United States, chose not to seek election. Giannoulias won the Democratic primary in February 2010 and narrowly lost the general elections in November 2010 to Republican Mark Kirk.
After 2010, Giannoulias mostly stepped back from public life and served as Senior Director of BNY Mellon Wealth Management. On June 26, 2018, he was confirmed to the Chicago Public Library Board, marking his first return to public service since leaving the Treasurer’s office.
Giannoulias was elected secretary of state in the 2022 election, defeating Dan Brady to succeed longtime incumbent Jesse White.
Giannoulias served on the board of directors of the Community Banker’s Association of Illinois Legislative Committee, the South Side/Wabash YMCA, and the Edgewater Chamber of Commerce. Giannoulias also founded and chaired the AG Foundation, a not-for-profit charity that donated money to treat child-related illnesses, curb poverty, and assist disaster relief organizations.
Social Impact: Philanthropic, Charitable, and Community Involvement
- Giannoulias is a passionate philanthropist who is committed to using his platform to make a difference in the world. He has donated millions of dollars to various charities, including those that support children’s education, environmental protection, and economic development.
- He has also volunteered his time to work with organizations that help people with disabilities and addiction.
- Giannoulias’ donations have helped to build schools, provide medical care, and protect the environment. He has also helped to raise awareness about important issues such as poverty, hunger, and climate change.
- His work has had a positive impact on the lives of millions of people around the world.
- One of Alexi Giannoulias’ most rewarding experiences was when he visited a school in Africa that he had helped to build. He met the students and teachers, and learned about the positive impact that the school was having on their lives.
- He also met with community leaders to discuss ways to improve the lives of the people in the area.
- Giannoulias is a tireless advocate for children’s education. He believes that every child deserves a quality education, and he has worked to support schools and educational programs in Illinois and around the world.
- He is also a strong supporter of environmental protection. He believes that we all have a responsibility to protect our planet, and he has worked to raise awareness about climate change and other environmental issues.
Alexi Giannoulias Awards, Accomplishments, and Achievements
Giannoulias has not won any awards or received any significant recognition for his philanthropic and charitable work. However, he has been praised for his commitment to social justice and his work on behalf of children and families.
In 2010, he was named one of the “40 Under 40” most influential people in Chicago by Crain’s Chicago Business. He has also been recognized by the Illinois Chamber of Commerce for his work on behalf of small businesses.
Giannoulias is a graduate of Harvard University and the University of Chicago Law School. He served as the 44th Illinois Treasurer from 2007 to 2011. He is currently a managing director at BMO Harris Bank.
Giannoulias is a member of the board of directors of several organizations, including the Chicago Children’s Museum, the Chicago Symphony Orchestra, and the United Way of Metropolitan Chicago. He is also a co-founder of the nonprofit organization One Illinois, which works to promote economic development and social justice in the state.
Giannoulias is a role model for us all. He shows us what it means to be kind, compassionate, and courageous. He is an inspiration to us all to live our lives with integrity and to make a difference in the world.
You may also like to read the Bio, Career, Family, Relationship, Body measurements, Net worth, Achievements, and more about: