Amazon started Great Indian Festival yesterday, with early access sale for the Prime Members on Thursday. The company said that the sale kicked off to an exciting start with a great response from customers and seller partners. It also shared some stats from the sale after 36 hours.
Sellers registration, Prime sign-ups, and rewards
- In the first 36 hours, small and medium businesses, startups, artisans and women entrepreneurs offered the largest selection of products and sold around 10 lakh unique products to customers across India.
- During the 24 hour ‘Prime Early Access’, there was 1.75X growth of seller sign-ups versus an average business day.
- Amazon.in saw the single largest day of Prime sign-ups, 1.9X higher than last year, , with 68% coming from tier 2 & 3 cities
- 90% increase in flight bookings by Prime members as compared to an average business day During Prime Early Access, 4x more co-branded credit cards were issued (vs PEA’21).
- 90% of people shopping during PEA received rewards and cashbacks via Amazon Pay and Amazon Pay Gift cards issued increase by 1.8X vs 2021 Prime Early Access.
- 1 out of 4 purchases were made on EMI; 2 out of 3 products were sold on No Cost EMIs.
- Amazon Pay Later registrations increased by 4X in the last 36 hours.
Smartphones, Consumer Electronics and Personal Computers, Large Appliances, Television
- 5G smartphones saw a strong uptake alongside customers showing a preference for mid-tier to premium smartphones.
- Customers shopped from Top brands such as OnePlus, Samsung, Xiaomi, iQOO, realme and Apple.
- Smartphones also witnessed a strong double-digit growth versus last year and a 20X uplift versus an average business day.
- Customers in the age group of 18-24 scouted most for Gaming Laptops from top brands like HP, Lenovo and Asus and Smartwatches from Noise, boat and Fireboltt.
- 12X growth in smartwatches, with customers buying across price segments versus an average business day.
- Audio and Camera saw record sales of 9X growth as compared to an average business day, led by brands such as JBL Harman, boAt, Noise, Sony, Boult, Canon and Zebronics.
- Customers bought entry level Truly Wireless headphones starting Rs 699 from boAt, top-selling Noise cancellation Wireless headphones from Sony WF 1000XM4 starting Rs 13,990 and Zebronics 180W 5.1 Soundbar starting Rs 6,999.
- Large appliances such as refrigerators, air conditioners and washing machines saw orders from 3X more pin codes as compared to an average business day.
- Customers shopped TVs from top brands like OnePlus Mi Samsung LG Sony with No Cost EMI, Extended Warranty and Free Installation.
Amazon Business, Amazon Devices and more
- Amazon Business saw around 50% growth in customers, over 100% jump in orders and more than 200% jump in sales over the last year along with a 2X growth in customers placing bulk orders for their business or corporate gifting needs.
- The number of sellers getting at least one business order grew by 23% over the last year.
- Echo Dot smart speakers saw 35X more sales over an average business day.
- Fire TV Stick was one of the highest selling products on Amazon.in with a 40X growth in sales versus an average business day.
- Kindle saw 20X growth in unit sales over an average business day.
You can check out the deals on Amazon Great Indian Festival Sale page here or Amazon App.