Today, AMD Software, Adrenaline Edition 22.5.2 came out with a number of important driver improvements and optimizations. Using AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin, gamers, creators, or enthusiasts may enjoy the most immersive visuals possible, as well as ultra-responsive gameplay and advanced capabilities to unlock their gaming potential, designed for the enjoyment of gamers. AMD no longer provides Windows 7 drivers as of May 2021.
In the latest AMD Radeon Software Adrenalin 22.5.2 drivers, Sniper Elite 5 and the Hitman 3 Ray Tracing Update are both supported for use. Radeon Super Resolution (RSR) has also been added to the updated drivers for integrated graphics Radeon 6000 series processors.
The new AMD Software: Adrenalin Edition 22.5.2 delivers up to 8% higher performance in DX11-based games for the Radeon RX 6950 XT. The Radeon RX 6950 XT has 6–12% greater performance in Death Stranding thanks to AMD’s additional Smart Access Memory improvements. When it comes to Watch Dogs Legion, the new AMD software gives us a performance gain of 6-24%.
What’s new on AMD Software Adrenaline Edition 22.5.2?
- DirectX 11 performance uplift for Radeon RX 6000 Series – Offers performance increases in DirectX 11-based games vs. the previous software driver, including up to an 8% uplift on the Radeon RX 6950 XT graphics card.
- With AMD Smart Access Memory Optimizations, the new Radeon RX 6950 XT, Radeon RX 6750 XT, and Radeon RX 6650 XT graphics cards can run Death Stranding at 1440p up to 6–10% faster and Watch Dogs: Legion up to 6–24% faster.
- Radeon Super Resolution (RSR) is now compatible with Ryzen 6000 series processors with integrated Radeon graphics and includes a new slider that allows you to fine-tune the sharpness effect to your own desired settings.
- AMD Privacy View is unique software powered by Eyeware that monitors eye movement and reveals only the area you are looking at on your screen while dimming the rest, preventing others from viewing sensitive or private information.
- Support for Sniper Elite 5 and a ray tracing update for Hitman 3
- Additional Vulkan Extensions
In addition to these improvements, the upgrade adds AMD Software Capture and Stream, and overlay support for clone mode and Eyefinity will be added later. Radeon Super Resolution works with AMD Ryzen 6000 series processors without a dedicated GPU.
For more information and a changelog on full driver notes, check out the AMD website.