adplus-dvertising
Press "Enter" to skip to content

Buhari never said he won’t hand over to Tinubu — Presidency

Leon Usigbe – Abuja

Contrary to an online newspaper report, President Muhammadu Buhari has never said that he would not hand over to President-elect, Bola Tinubu on May 29.

This is according to a statement issued on Friday by Garba Shehu, Senior Special Assistant to the President (Media & Publicity), which denounced the report as “outrageous and fake” as it condemned the “fake news brigade for attributing a false quote to President Muhammadu Buhari and circulating it”.

The statement wondered how Buhari could vigorously campaign for Tinubu and not hand over to him.

“How can you vigorously campaign for somebody, vote for him and then say you won’t hand over to him? This beggars belief,” it said.

The statement observed that the media involved, “instead of talking about issues, they repeatedly sell lies in the hope that people believe them as truth.”

The Presidency added: “The government is already in transition phase. The Transition Committee made up of representatives of the outgoing administration and the incoming one is meeting on an almost daily basis planning the handover to the Tinubu/Shettima administration.

“Thirteen committees as offshoots of the main committee, some, to arrange military drills and pulling out of President Buhari, are either all at work or soon to be. So far, everything is going very well and there is no indication of any hitches.

“As for the President, the Daura community has begun their preparations to receive their son back after the successful administration of the country for two terms of eight years. He, for his part, is eager to return home to enjoy his retirement.”

READ ALSO FROM NAIJAONPOINT.COM.NG 

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Spread the love