adplus-dvertising
Connect with us

Sports

Chelsea bid ‘accepted’ as Tuchel nears stellar signing in favourite position

Published

on

west brom darnell fuyrlong derby county dylan williams

Chelsea have had a bid accepted for Derby County full-back Dylan Williams, with the youngster projected to develop into an outstanding wing-back, per reports.

Tuchel wasted little time in implementing his favoured wing-backs system at Stamford Bridge. The formation has brought the best out of Reece James and Ben Chilwell and breathed new life into Marcos Alonso’s Chelsea career.

The system underpinned Chelsea’s march to Champions League glory last season. For as long as Tuchel remains at the helm, a back five is here to stay.

So it comes as no surprise to see Sky Sports report Chelsea have tabled a bid for Derby County’s Dylan Williams. And per the outlet, that offer has been accepted.

The 18-year-old has broken into Wayne Rooney’s young side this season on the left side. Williams has featured eight times between Championship and EFL Cup fixtures.

Williams operates primarily as a left-back, but is equally adept at playing further forward in left midfield. That could make him an ideal candidate to play at wing-back.

Indeed, Goal’s Chelsea correspondent, Nizaar Kinsella, stated that’s where Wiliams will play in the academies once a deal is completed. The Athletic backed up that notion, stating he’ll slot straight into the Under-23s.

Rooney admitted Derby had accepted a bid for Williams earlier on Friday.

Via the Athletic, Rooney said: “We have agreed a fee with a Premier League club for Dylan Williams. I couldn’t stand in the way of his opportunity.”

Rooney stopped short of naming the bidding club, but both the Athletic and Sky Sports have now confirmed it was Chelsea.

With their offer accepted, talks over finalising the move are now said to be at an ‘advanced stage’.


When will Salah, Mahrez, Mane and the rest of AFCON Premier League players return?


Tuchel reaches Malang Sarr decision

Meanwhile, Thomas Tuchel has made a call over a proposed Chelsea move that had attracted the attention of West Ham, Leicester, Newcastle and Everton, per a report.

Malang Sarr featured in Chelsea’s EFL Cup quarter final and semi-final clashes. He also started in the crunch league clash with Man City, and despite emerging on the losing end, put in a solid individual display.

It has been a remarkable upswing in fortune for the Frenchman who was pencilled in as Tuchel’s sixth-choice centre-half when the season began. However, his impressive displays and ability to also operate at left-back has seen him attract attention from wannabe suitors.

Leicestershire Live (citing Get French Football News) reveal the Foxes, Magpies, Toffees and Hammers are all seeking his signature this month.

A loan deal is the only possible route, while Jose Mourinho’s Roma are also keen admirers. AC Milan too have been linked after Simon Kjaer suffered a season-ending ACL injury.

However, GFFN (citing Foot Mercato), state Tuchel has ‘decided’ against sanctioning a loan exit this month.

The promise of more regular minutes elsewhere could benefit Sarr in the short term and Chelsea in the long term. However, with Covid absences a constant threat, Tuchel is unwilling to deplete his options.

READ MORE: ‘Welcome to reality’ – Tuchel sets Lukaku straight; talks Rudiger contract, Dembele deal

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Sports

Dejphon Chansiri provides insight to Sheffield Wednesday’s summer transfer plans

Published

on

ChansirivfChansiri

With expectation levels expected to mount once the new League One season gets underway, Darren Moore will be hoping it is second-time lucky with Sheffield Wednesday in the third tier. 

The Owls were defeated in their semi-finals of the play-offs, with Sunderland progressing to the final, before eventually succeeding at Wembley. 

With the summer transfer window right around the corner, the recruitment at Hillsborough will be well underway, with those at the club likely to be monitoring several different markets. 

Owner Dejphon Chansiri has provided an insight into the club’s recruitment plan, suggesting that the UK market is not the sole option, telling Yorkshire Live: “Our approach is the same every season. We look in the UK market first before looking at options abroad.

Quiz: 24 facts every Sheffield Wednesday supporter should know about their club – Can you score full marks?



1. When did Sheffield Wednesday last beat Sheffield United in a competitive game?




“We look to see who is available and will fit in with the team, it depends what we need. We will try to bring in the best players whether they are permanent or on loan.”

The verdict 

The Owls will be looking to strengthen to ensure that they avoid the lottery that is the play-offs, with three of the last seasons ending with play-off heartbreak. 

Possessing a strong core to the squad, Moore will be hoping to keep some of his more integral first-teamers, with the likes of Barry Bannan, Lee Gregory and Josh Windass likely to attract attention. 

Prioritising recruiting in the UK first, if the Owls still seek further additions, then it appears that they will cast their eyes elsewhere. 

It remains to be seen if it will come to that as Wednesday prepare for another campaign in League One, and naturally, fans will be setting their sights on the top two. 

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Continue Reading

Sports

“I made that decision quickly” – Former West Brom striker explains Hawthorns exit

Published

on

2019 04 22T151040Z 1479303145 RC12CFBCE590 RTRMADP 3 SOCCER ENGLAND RDG WBA

Immediately adapting well after relegation from the Premier League, West Brom saw their 2021/22 Championship campaign take a turn for the worse. 

With Valerien Ismael unable to regain form, the former Barnsley boss was shown the exit door in February and Steve Bruce was tasked with shifting momentum.

However, the season ended with mid-table mediocrity, in the form of a 10th-placed finish, with the Baggies only securing a top-half finish on the final day of the campaign.

One person who saw their fall coming during the campaign was former Albion striker Hal Robson-Kanu, who told the Express & Star why he did not carry on with the Midlands club: “I didn’t agree with the direction the club was going in.

“If I was staying there had to be a long-term vision, a project. I didn’t want to be in a place where we were languishing in mid-table in the Championship.

“I think coming down from the Premier League, you have got to be fighting to go straight back up.

“You have got to have the right structure in place.

“But some of the decisions that were being made and what was being done behind the scenes, I personally didn’t agree with so I felt it was the right time to move on.

Quiz: Can you name which club West Brom sold these 23 players to from the last decade?

“I made that decision quickly, a lot earlier than when it was released.

“The club put out the retained and released list but I told them a month before that I wouldn’t be staying on.

“Looking at the club now – it’s not the vision I have for the club. It should be competing as a minimum in the top two and trying to cement itself in the Premier League. Fingers crossed they can get back to a better vision and execute it.”

The verdict 

Starting fresh, West Brom will be hoping that they can steady the ship with Bruce having a full summer in charge, and perhaps this is the kind of set up Robson-Kanu would have placed more faith in. 

Expectations levels will once again rise as the summer transfer window gets underway, with automatic promotion set to be the collective objective at The Hawthorns. 

The appointment of Valerien Ismael was a risk that did not pay off, with Bruce a manager with excellent knowledge of the top-end of the Championship, knowing what is required to mount a promotion push. 

The summer is now vitally important for Bruce and his West Brom side, ahead of what is a massive season for the Midlands club. 

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Continue Reading