adplus-dvertising
Connect with us

World

Conservatives Win Big In Local Elections With Upset Over Democrats

Published

on

shutterstock 1757541059

Local elections held on Tuesday are seeing Republicans and conservative candidates triumphant while handing Democrats a resounding defeat.

In the past year voters have seen what it looks like when Democrats are in total power in Washington. From transgender girls playing in sports, to Critical Race Theory being taught to children, some voters are waking up to the fact that local elections are where change can be made right now.

It is encouraging to see that conservatives are interested in their local judges and school board members. The message is clear, we will not step aside and allow the leftist ideologies to be shoved down our children’s throats. Which is exactly what is being done all across America. To combat the extremism of the socialist vision for the U.S. we need conservative judges and school board members who will have the backbone to stand against leftist tyranny.

In Wisconsin, Samantha Kerkman defeated Democrat Rebecca Matoska-Mentink to become the first woman to serve as executive of Kenosha County.

In Waukesha County, Wisconsin, conservative County Circuit Court Judge Maria Lazar defeated Judge Lori Kornblum for a seat on the Court of Appeals for District II. Judge Kornblum was appointed to the Court of Appeals by Democratic Governor Tory Evers in 2021.

Judge Lazar’s win gives conservatives a 3-1 majority on the court. The court rules over the appeals from 12 county districts in southeast Wisconsin.

Newsweek reported on the stunning success that the Republicans had at the school board level.

bentrump2

“Conservatives also appear to have had success at the school board level. In the Waukesha school board election, three challengers—Karrie Kozlowski, Marquell Moorer and Mark Borowski—were triumphant.

Though that school board was a nonpartisan contest, all three winning candidates were backed by the Republican Party of Wisconsin.

In the Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin school board race, the self-described “Moms on a Mission” all won election. Nina Christensen, Shelley Holzman and Chris Stueland succeeded in a contest where they had expressed concern about books provided to children.

Stueland had said on Facebook that she had no interest in banning books but said “what we are interested in doing is protecting students from sexually explicit content without parental knowledge.”

Christensen had been among a number of parents who organized a protest against masks, while Stueland also expressed concern about mask mandates.

Two conservatives triumphed in elections for the Elmbrook School Board in Brookfield, Wisconsin, according to Fox 6 News political reporter Jason Calvi, while in Lee’s Summit, Missouri, mothers Heather Eslick and Jennifer Foley won their school board races.

Eslick has been critical of equality and diversity programs and argued against initiatives that are “identity-based” in their focus. Foley has also been critical of diversity programs.”

With the midterm election months away, one could hope that these local wins are an indicator of what is yet to come.

If Republicans could take back the House and the Senate, they would be able to put a muzzle on the rabid leftist agenda. President Biden’s agenda would be essentially be stymied.

Goldco Sean Hannity Affiliate Ads 12 300x250 1
Notice: This article may contain commentary that reflects the author’s opinion.

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

World

Bill Cosby returns to court for sexual assault trial in California

Published

on

Bill Cosby returns to court for sexual assault trial in

The trial against Bill Cosby began in California on Monday, with a civil lawsuit accusing the disgraced comedian of sexually assaulting a teenage girl some 50 years ago.

Judy Huth said the man, once known as “American Dad,” attacked her at the Playboy Mansion in the mid-1970s when she was about 15 years old.

Also read: ‘I was wrong’: Courtney Love deletes ‘bullying’ video

JUDY HUTH’s case against Bill Cosby was originally brought in 2014

Huth said she suffered “psychological harm and emotional distress” as a result of the alleged attack.

The case is the latest in a series of legal action against 84-year-old Cosby, one of the most popular performers on American television.

Dozens of women said they were sexually assaulted at his hands.

Huth’s case was originally filed in 2014 but has been on hold while Cosby faces aggravated indecency charges in Pennsylvania.

Bill Cosby has previous convictions for sexual assault

Cosby was convicted 17 years ago of drugging and sexually assaulting a woman, but was spared jail after the state Supreme Court ruled he was denied a fair trial.

His release from prison — where he served more than two years of a three- to 10-year sentence — angered many advocates of the #MeToo movement.

His conviction was the first sexual assault conviction against a celebrity since the worldwide reckoning of sexual violence and abuse of power.

But instead of exonerating him, the court technically overturned the conviction.

The judge wrote that a non-prosecution agreement between the former district attorney and Cosby over evidence he gave in another civil case meant the actor should not have been criminally charged in the first place.

Bill Cosby denies sexual assault allegations by Judy Huss

In the case, which began Monday, reported by local broadcasters, Huth claimed she met Cosby on the set of the movie and was invited to his tennis club a few days later.

There, she said, he gave her alcohol and took her to the Playboy Mansion, where he forced her to have sex.

Cosby has denied her account of the incident.

The defense argues that Huth’s account differs markedly. The attack was originally alleged to have occurred in 1974, when she was 15, but it has recently been said that it happened a year later.

The case is on trial in Santa Monica, near Los Angeles, and begins with jury selection.

The opening debate is scheduled for next week.

© AFP

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Continue Reading

World

“For Heaven” star Horst Sachtleben has died at the age of 91

Published

on

For Heaven star Horst Sachtleben has died at the age

“For the sake of paradise”
Actor Horst Sachtleben has died at the age of 91

Actor Horst Sachtleben looks at the camera. Photo: image block / dpa / archive image

© dpa-infocom GmbH:

Actor Horst Sachtleben has died at the age of 91. This was reported by his agency on Tuesday, citing Sakhtleben’s wife, Pia Heng. One of the most famous roles of the actor was the role of Bishop Rosbauer in the ARD “Um Himmels Willen” TV series.

Actor Horst Sachtleben has died at the age of 91. This was reported by his agency on Tuesday, citing Sakhtleben’s wife, Pia Heng. One of the most famous roles of the actor was the role of Bishop Rosbauer in the ARD “Um Himmels Willen” TV series. Since 2002, Sachtleben has been part of a long-running television ensemble alongside Fritz Wepper, which ended last year.

Horst Sachtleben is dead

During the coronavirus epidemic, Sakhtleben left the profession. “All the regulations վախ the fear of getting infected made my decision easier,” he told the German news agency on the occasion of his 90th birthday in September 2020.

“I had a good life, I try to make the most of what I have left, to enjoy it,” he said at the time. Born in Berlin, he was married to actress Pia Heng for 47 years and lived near Munich. “I enjoy being in the garden with my wife, who takes good care of me. “I do not miss anything,” he said in 2020.

According to his agency, Sakhtleben studied theatrical studies in Berlin and at the same time took acting classes. This was followed by engagements on German-speaking stages such as Berlin, Zurich, Bonn and Munich.

dpa:

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Continue Reading