adplus-dvertising
Press "Enter" to skip to content

Ezra Miller Met With Warner Bros. Leadership to Discuss the Fate of The Flash

1661615105 883 Ezra Miller

Ezra Miller has remained in the headlines throughout their eventful summer, and they are returning to the spotlight once again. According to reports from The Hollywood Reporter, Miller and their agent, Scott Metzger, met with Warner Bros. film chairs Michael De Luca and Pam Abdy to discuss how The Flash stays on track for its June 23, 2023 release date. Not only was the release date examined, but De Luca and Abdy received a formal apology from Miller as they reaffirmed their commitment to The Flash and the overall DCEU franchise and took the blame for the bad publicity brought to the film and Warner Bros.

Related: DCEU’s The Flash: Should Grant Gustin Replace Ezra Miller?

Wednesday was a big day on the production lot for Warner Bros., as funeral screenings for Batgirl took place before the tapes were either locked away in a vault or destroyed forever. In addition, several DCEU films, including Shazam! Fury of the Gods and Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom received significant delays. Shazam! is moving from a 2022 release date to March 17, 2023, while Aquaman moves from March to December of next year.

According to THR’s sources, Miller received a wake-up call when De Luca and Abdy threatened to scrap The Flash, which has a $250 million budget. They claim the actor didn’t mind the bad press they received over the past few months, however, they love playing their superhero character and wants to remain an integral part of the DCEU. One source says, “They care about The Flash. It’s one of their favorite characters to play.” This was the first time De Luca and Abdy had met with The Flash star.

Over the summer, Ezra Miller was arrested two times in three weeks while in Hawaii. However, this would turn out to be the least of the young actor’s worries, as their troubles were just getting started. In June, reports surfaced that Miller was manipulating and grooming an 18-year-old girl, Takota Iron Eyes. The claims stated Takota flew to the set of Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them at 14 years old, while Miller was 25. They would then supply the young girl with alcohol, LSD, and marijuana, and the parents would file a restraining order on the actor.

Related: DC May Have Found its Kevin Feige in Warner Bros. Producer Dan Lin

Videos taunting authorities and reports of Miller traveling across the country while fearing the FBI and KKK, wearing full body armor, began to make headlines. Then, earlier this month, it looked as if The Flash might be canceled after the antics of the film’s lead became too much for Warner Bros. Discovery. However, it appears CEO David Zaslav is still full steam ahead with the production, as Miller issued a public statement and apology for their actions on Aug. 16.

According to The Hollywood Reporter and reports earlier this summer, the test screenings for The Flash have gone exceptionally well. THR says the movie received the highest test scores in the DC universe since Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight trilogy, leading executives to believe The Flash must make its way to theaters. However, there’s still plenty of time between now and June 23, and Ezra Miller will have to keep their name out of negative headlines if they want to remain a major player in the DCEU.

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Spread the love