adplus-dvertising
Connect with us

News

FMC Hong will provide 3000 direct jobs, says lawmaker

Published

on

Map of Adamawa State e1537190313898

Chairman, Committee on Foreign Affairs in the House of Representatives, Yusuf Buba, has said that the establishment of a new Federal Medical Centre in Hong, Adamawa State, will provide over 3000 direct jobs to the teeming unemployed youths in the country.

Buba, a member representing Gombi /Hong Federal Constituency, stated this on Thursday in a statement by his Special Adviser on Media and Public Affairs, Nkem Anyata-Lafia, in Abuja.

The lawmaker said other opportunities that would emanate from the facility include the enormous multiplier effects of jobs that have been created for both medical and administrative workers.

He reiterated his earlier view that more tertiary health facilities can be established closer to the people in order to afford them access to quality healthcare and timely interventions during emergencies.

He, also said that the existing facilities were already overstretched considering Nigeria’s population of over 200 million people.

“I have always advocated that a Federal Medical Centre or one tertiary health facility be established very close to the people across the country.

“But due to paucity of funds, we cannot achieve that now.

“But this is still very important so that the people of Nigeria could have accessible quality medical facilities.

“If you look at Adamawa State today, for instance, the only  Federal Medical Centre that we have is overstretched, so congested, patients go and won’t have bed spaces.

“They will have critical, emergency cases, patients will be in the Emergency Unit for one or two weeks because the facility is overstretched!

“So, with this facility being provided by the law Mr. President signed last week, it is, indeed, a plus for our people and the area,” Buba said.

On how long it would take for the new FMC Hong to commence operations, the Adamawa-born lawmaker said President Muhammadu Buhari in his approval had directed an immediate release of funds for the take-off of the facility.

He said already several private- sector organisations , the host community of the facility and others have since made several quality donations, ranging from state-of-the-art medical equipment to land.

This, he stressed, was to ensure a fast and almost seamless transition to the new status of the facility.

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

News

Suspected IPOB fighters kill two in Delta

Published

on

DELTA STATE e1623965937616

Gunmen have attacked a truck belonging to a popular cement company at Ugbolu village, near Asaba, Wednesday allegedly killing the driver and his conductor.

Eyewitnesses told newsmen in Asaba that the attackers, armed with dangerous weapons, also set the truck ablaze.

A commercial driver, John Okafor, told the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) that the attackers blocked the road and ordered the truck driver to alight from the vehicle.

“They used logs of wood to block the road and searched every vehicle plying the route, saying they were enforcing orders of the proscribed Independent Peoples of Biafra (IPOB).

“When the cement truck got to the spot, they stopped it, dragged the driver and his boy out and beat them up.

“After I left the scene, I heard that the attackers killed the driver and his conductor. I didn’t ply the route again out of fear,’’ Okafor said.

Another eyewitness, Tony Emezuaka, a commercial motorcyclist, told NAN that the attackers set the truck on fire after killing the driver and his boy.

Emezuaka, who said he witnessed the incident, confirmed that the truck loaded with bags of cement was razed, before the attackers fled the scene.

When contacted, spokesperson of Delta State Police Command, DSP Bright Edafe, confirmed the attack.

He said contrary to the number of fatalities, however, only one person was killed.

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Continue Reading

News

My wife, children frequently beat me, man married for 36 years alleges

Published

on

COurtt

A 62-year-old retired banker, Mr Kazeem Ogidan, on Wednesday sought the dissolution of his 36-year-old marriage to his wife, Risikat in an Ikorodu Customary Court in Lagos.

In his petition, Ogidan accused his wife of beating him.

Ogidan, who resides in Lowcost Estate in Ikorodu, begged the court to grant him a divorce.

”My wife beats me, She has also instigated our four children to beat me. My firstborn has threatened to poison me.

“Our third born has also threatened to stab me. They conspire against me every day,” he said.

However, Risikat, 58, a trader, denied the claims and accused her husband of not making her happy.

“My husband is always fighting me. I have no rest of my mind.

”My children grew up watching their father beat me. They try to defend me.

“They never beat him,” she said.

The president of the Court, Mrs Saadat Quadri, queried the two children present in court over the allegations that their father laid against them.

She adjourned the case until May 26 for Judgment.

YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE FROM NAIJAONPOINT.COM.NG

Revealed! Details Of South-West APC Leaders Meeting With Presidential Aspirants

MORE revelations have emerged about Friday’s meeting held by South-West leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) with aspirants from the zone, whose main objective, was on how to avert a crisis that will create a fractured party as it prepares for primary on May 30 and 31, Sunday Tribune has reliably gathered…

My wife, children frequently beat me, man married for 36 years alleges

Supreme Court Has Cleared Civil Servants To Participate In Politics, Falana Tells FG

My wife, children frequently beat me, man married for 36 years alleges

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Continue Reading