The Nintendo Switch is one of the most popular consoles to have been released in the past. It can be played on the go, in hand-held mode, or it can be played from the comfort of a couch in docked mode. Because the Switch can be played on the go, it gives the impression that it is a single-player console and, unlike an Xbox or PlayStation, only one person can play on it at a time. This isn’t true. The Nintendo Switch supports up to four players.
Multiple players on Nintendo Switch
If you look at the physical make-up of a Switch, it doesn’t give away that it supports multiple players. Out of the box, it comes with controllers for two players. You can install games from the Nintendo eStore that support multiple players. If you want more than two players to be able to play on a single Switch, you will need to buy additional controllers for them.
Multiple player requirements
For multiple players to play on the same Switch, you need;
- Controllers for each player
- A game that supports multiple players (not all games do). These games will support local play and they will be playable with only one of the joycons that come with the game. The second joycon can be used by the second player
How multiple players play on the same Switch
The trick is connecting the controllers and getting the right game. Make sure the game you want to play doesn’t require both joycons to play. You can check this from the game’s description.
- For two players, simply separate the joycons from the console by pressing the button on the back. Connect the strap for each joycon to it. Open the game you want to play, and it will allow two players to join it.
- For four players, you need to first buy another pair of joycons. The joycons, like the ones that come with the Switch, can each be used as a stand alone controller. This means that a pair of joycons is actually two controllers.
- You need to connect the second pair of controllers to your Switch. This can be done by connecting them physically to the Switch or by pressing the connect button on the controller. The new controllers will not disconnect the pair that was originally connected to them.
- Once the controllers have been connected, open the game and start playing.
The Switch is popular for lots of reasons and its easy portability is one of them. That said, it’s also a fairly affordable console that can support up to four players and that is truly impressive. You will need to spend a little extra for a second pair of controllers but if you like to game in groups, it’s worth the purchase. If you have a second Switch lying around, you can use its controllers as well.
How to force restart your iPhone 13 Pro
When the iPhone was first released, it changed how phones were designed. Instead of entire keyboards or multiple hard buttons, the design worked with a single Home button. There were, and continue to be, hard buttons on the side but over the years, the Home button too has been retired.
Force restart iPhone 13 Pro
The iPhone 13 Pro is the newest iPhone model (at present) and it as such, it has no Home button. In terms of design and the functionality of the buttons, they’ve changed quite a bit from the first iPhone to the iPhone 8 models. Up until that point, the side button on these iPhones could be used to restart an iPhone. It now activates Siri if it’s held down.
How to force restart iPhone 13 Pro
There are two ways to force restart an iPhone 13 Pro; you can go through the Settings app, or you can use the hard buttons on the side of your device.
Method 1: Settings app
The Settings app has a built-in option for restarting your iPhone. If the phone’s UI is responsive, this is the easiest method to restart an iPhone.
- Open the Settings app.
- Go to General.
- Scroll all the way down and tap Shut Down.
- Use the on-screen slider to power the iPhone off.
- Once the phone is off, press and hold the side button/Siri button to turn it on.
Method 2: Hard buttons
If you’re phone UI is not responsive, or it’s slowed down for whatever reason, you can use the hard buttons on the side of the device to restart it.
- Press the Volume up button and release it.
- Press the Volume down button and release it.
- Press and hold the side/Siri button until you see the power off slider.
- Use the power off slider to turn the phone off.
- Once the phone is off, press and hold the side/Siri button to turn it back on.
iPhones, or rather iOS does not have a restart option. You will always turn the iPhone off first, and then turn it on after. If you’ve been using an Android phone, you may be used to having a Restart option in the power menu but iOS does not follow the same approach. There are no other ways to trigger a phone shut down unless you allow the battery to drain completely. If you’re having trouble with your iPhone after taking it in for repairs, you may need to have it checked again. A force restart may be of little help. For now, it’s best to always take the device to Apple if you want to have something fixed.
How do I find my friends on Minecraft?
Minecraft was never big on needing an account to play it. Users needed to create a Mojang account to purchase the game but nothing beyond that. This changed after Microsoft bought Minecraft. You now need a Microsoft Live account to play Minecraft. The good news is, a Microsoft Live account works with Xbox’s services and its network of games and players.
Find friends on Minecraft
Minecraft is an open world game that you can play online with multiple players. You have the option to join any online server and there will be other players there. If you’d rather not play with strangers, you can always play with your friends. The trick is finding them and getting them all on the same server.
How to find friends on Minecraft
There are different ways to find your friends on Minecraft. If you’d like to go with the simplest route, you can simply share the server that you’re playing on and have them all join it. You won’t be ‘connected’ to your friends but you will all be on the same server where you can play together.
Find gamer tags
Before you can invite your friends to play Minecraft with you, you need to add them. Friends are added via a gamer tag. A gamer tag is obtained from the Xbox app. Anyone that plays Minecraft has a Microsoft Live account and by association, they have a game tag.
Ask your friends for their game tag. Once you have the tag, you can add it directly when you invite friends to play a Minecraft game or you can add them on the Xbox app (you don’t need to own an Xbox). You can get the app on your mobile device or on Windows 10.
Once you have the Xbox app, follow these steps.
- Open the Xbox app.
- Sign in with the same Microsoft account that you use to sign in on Minecraft.
- Go to the Social tab.
- Enter your friend’s gamer tag in the search bar.
- Select them from the results and click Follow.
- Have your friend follow you back.
- Once you’re mutually following each other, the other person will appear as a friend.
Add friends on Minecraft
- Open Minecraft.
- Select a world to play in.
- Once the world has loaded, go to world’s settings.
- On the right, click the Invite to game button.
- Select a friend from the list and send the invite.
If you haven’t added your friends on Xbox, but you have their gamer tag, you can invite them directly in Minecraft.
- Open Minecraft.
- Select a world to play in.
- Once the world has loaded, escape/exit to the game’s settings.
- Click the Invite to game button.
- Click Add friend.
- Enter your friend’s gamer tag.
- Send the invite.
Friends on Minecraft are connected via the Xbox network which you automatically join when you create a Microsoft Account. You will need to generate a gamer tag for yourself but that’s all you need. The gamer tag is essential for adding friends on Minecraft. You do not need to purchase Xbox related services.