The Oscars ceremony is the most glamorous night of the year for Hollywood and the most important awards ceremony for everyone in the film industry. Months of campaigning for a film or an actor to receive just a nomination all lead up to this night. Hundreds of actors and filmmakers attend to witness their colleagues win the most prestigious awards of the year while millions watch at home to see if their favorite movies of the year have what it takes to bring home the gold. In its 95 years of existence, the Oscars have been home to some of the biggest upsets in the film industry, scandal-worthy moments in pop culture, and a global stage for expressing why movies are such an important part of our culture.
How the Oscars Influence Audiences
More from Movie NewsMore posts in Movie News »
- Where is Aussie Chau From The Ultimatum: Queer Love Now?
- Ted Lasso S3 Finale Deftly Avoids A Classic Karate Kid Villain Tactic
- Nicky Hilton Says ‘That’s Hot’ Was Born From Sarcasm and Paris Hilton ‘Glamorized It’
- Indiana Jones and the Dial of Destiny Character Posters Put the Spotlight on the Heroes & Villains
- ‘Queer Eye’ OG Jai Rodriguez Was Told to ‘Lie’ About His Age – How Did Their Salary Compare to Season 1 ‘Housewives’?‘Queer Eye’ OG Jai Rodriguez Was Told to ‘Lie’ About His Age – How Did Their Salary Compare to Season 1 ‘Housewives’?
- Kate Middleton’s Fine Starting a ‘Full-out War’ With King Charles About George, Charlotte, and Louis — ReportKate Middleton’s Fine Starting a ‘Full-out War’ With King Charles About George, Charlotte, and Louis — Report