USB flash drives are a very convenient way to transfer photos, presentations, movies, or any type of essential data that you need, and transfer them between devices. It’s great when it works!
But have you ever been in a situation where you were unable to recover deleted files from a USB flash drive? That can be very annoying. Data on a USB drive can be lost or compromised for a number of reasons, including accidental formatting, virus attack, or even simply improper removal of the stick from your computer.
The good news is that Tenorshare has evolved 4DiG Data RecoveryEasy-to-use software that can recover files from USB drives and other sources with just a few simple clicks.
Recover deleted files from USB drives with 4DiG Data Recovery
Tenorshare 4DiG Windows Data Recovery allows you to recover data from USB drives of all major hardware brands.
Just follow these 3 simple steps to recover any lost files.
Step 1: Connect and select your USB drive
First, you will need to install Tenorshare 4DiG Data Recovery. Next, launch the application, connect your external USB drive to the computer or laptop where you lost data, select the external hard drive, and start scanning.
Step 2: Check your external drive
4DiG automatically scans your USB drive for lost data. After scanning, you can preview recoverable files like videos, documents, and photos by path, file type, or creation time.
Step 3: Preview and restore the USB flash drive
You can now select and click on the data you want to recover Recovery. Then choose a location to save the recovered files properly. Make sure not to save it again to a USB drive so the data won’t be overwritten.
If you find it easier to watch than to read, here’s an easy-to-follow video tutorial that takes you through the process.
How to recover deleted files from USB without software
It is sometimes possible to recover lost or deleted files without using 4DDiG Data Recovery software. If you follow these different methods, we will show you How to recover deleted files from USB for free, without downloading anything.
Method 1: Recover files from a USB drive using CMD
- tap on Begins button on your Windows PC, usually in the bottom left of the screen, and type “CMD ‘ in the dialog box. He presses Enters.
- Once the command prompt is launched, type the following, “chkdsk c: /f“.
- here, c Represents the drive you are trying to scan. Hit enter and let CHKDSK scan complete.
- Once the CHKDSK scan is finished, perform an ATTRIB scan by entering the following command, ‘ATTRIB -H -R -S / S / DC :*.*
- Opens File explorer And open the USB flash drive. All of your lost files should be there, and you should be able to access them as normal.
Method 2: Recover deleted files from USB using previous versions
Windows also provides a tool called Restore a previous version It allows users to recover deleted files from a USB drive without the need for software.
- Connect the damaged USB device to your computer or laptop.
- Go to the folder where you saved your files before you deleted them.
- Right-click on that specific folder and a dropdown menu will appear. He chooses Restore a previous version.
- You will see another drop down menu. Select the previous version you need and click Repeat.
- click Yes to proceed with the restoration process. After a short while, you will receive a notification informing you that the deleted files have been successfully restored.
Method 3: Recover deleted files from USB using Windows backup
To restore a file from a backup, make sure you have the USB drive that the backup was saved on, and then follow these steps:
- Open Backup and Restore by selecting Begins > control Board > System and maintenance> Backup and restore.
- He chooses restore my filesand then follow the steps in the wizard.
Method 4: Recover deleted files from USB using Windows File Recovery
Another option to recover deleted files on Windows 10/11 is the Windows File Recovery tool.
- Open the Windows terminal by pressing Wins + X Then check windows terminal.
- Paste this command at the prompt: winfr C: E: /normal/nUsersusernameDocuments
- here, c And H It represents the first and last drives.
Easily recover deleted files
There are plenty of options to help you recover any files that have been lost or deleted from your USB drive. If you are lucky, you may be able to use methods that do not require downloading any software.
However, for a comprehensive file recovery system that can recover all files at a time, then Tenorshare 4DiG is the way to go. It’s a great all-in-one, time-saving solution that recovers and repairs data in all scenarios.
We thank Tenorshare for sponsoring this post. Our sponsors help us pay for the many costs associated with running XDA. While you may see sponsored articles alongside standard XDA content, they will always be rated as such, and do not necessarily reflect the opinions of the editorial team. XDA will never compromise its journalistic integrity by accepting money to write positively about a company or change our opinions or perspectives in any way.