iQOO has announced the Neo7 Racing Edition, the company’s latest mid-range phone in the Neo series, as it had promised. The phone retains the 6.78-inch FHD+ Samsung E5 AMOLED screen with 120Hz refresh rate, independent Pixelworks chip, up to 1500 nits brightness and a large 4013mm² VC cooling and has Multilayer graphite heat dissipation.
However, this is powered by Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 instead of MediaTek Dimensity 9000+ SoC in the Neo7. It also replaces the 50MP Sony IMX766V sensor with the 50MP Samsung GN5 sensor with OIS. It has the same 8MP ultra-wide and a 2MP macro camera, along with a 16MP front camera. The phone packs a 5000mAh dual-cell battery with support for 120W fast charging.
iQOO Neo7 Racing Edition rumoured specifications
- 6.78-inch (2400×1080 pixels) Full HD+ AMOLED 19.8:9 aspect ratio screen with HDR10+, 120Hz refresh rate, 360Hz touch sampling rate, 2000Hz instant touch sampling rate, 1.07 billion colors, DCI-P3 color gamut, up to 1500 nits brightness, Pixelworks independent display chip Pro+
- Up to 3.2GHz Octa Core Snapdragon 8+ Gen 1 4nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 730 GPU
- 8GB / 12GB / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 16GB LPDDR5 RAM with 512GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Android 13 with OriginOS 3
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- 50MP camera with 1/1.57″ Samsung GN5 sensor, f/1.88 aperture, OIS, LED flash, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture
- 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- In-display fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- USB Type-C audio, Stereo speakers
- Dimensions: 164.81x 76.9×8.85mm ;Weight: 202g (Black) / 197g (Orange and Blue)
- 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.3,GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C, NFC
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 120W ultra-fast flash charging
Pricing and availability
The iQOO Neo7 Racing Edition comes in Orange, Blue and Black colours and is priced at 2799 yuan (US$ 402 / Rs. 33,310 approx.) for 8GB+256GB, 2999 yuan (US$ 430 / Rs. 35,690 approx.) for 12GB+256GB, 3299 yuan (US$ 473 / Rs. 39,260 approx.) for 16GB+256GB and the top-end 16GB+512GB model costs 3599 yuan (US$ 516 / Rs. 42,850 approx.).
It is available to order from today, and will go on sale in China from January 5th.