Techstars is the worldwide network that helps entrepreneurs succeed. Founded in 2006, Techstars began with three simple ideas – entrepreneurs create a better future for everyone, collaboration drives innovation and great ideas can come from anywhere. Now we are on a mission to enable every person on the planet to contribute to, and benefit from, the success …
Read more about this company
Business and Growth Associate
- Job Type Contract
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Lagos
- City Victoria Island
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
The ARM Labs Lagos Techstars Accelerator is one of the 54 Accelerator programs Techstars operates around the globe, and the inaugural onground program for the African Continent. We are looking for a Lagos-based associate to manage social media and comms for the Lagos program
ARM Labs Lagos Techstars Accelerator Program is a partnership between Techstars – a global investment business that provides access to capital, one-on-one mentorship, and customized programming for early-stage entrepreneurs; and ARM Labs – a Lagos-based innovation program. This new accelerator program focuses on investing in early-stage fintech and proptech companies based in Africa.
As an Associate, you will help build the next amazing batch of startups, as they grow from early stage to venture-backed companies. From entrepreneurs to investors, to mentors, your network is about to explode. You will have the opportunity to sit in on mentor meetings – get to know the best entrepreneurs and investors in the city, up close and personally. You will also have access to full involvement in Techstars events with the founders, investors and the local community.
It’s your chance to get amazing experience, broaden your network in ways you could never imagine, and get exposure to some of the greatest up-and-coming companies and teams in the country. Historically, most Associates end up being employed by one of the teams or by someone they met during the accelerator program. Many also go on to build their own companies.
This is a contract role, requiring you to work full time at our office in Victoria Island, Lagos. The contract will start in mid January 2023, and end March 31st 2023.
As an Associate, you’ll work with the startups to create financial models, conduct research, and develop and execute plans to drive lead generation and sales opportunities.
- 3+ years of experience in a fast-paced environment, with relevant professional experience (management consulting, PE/VC, financial modelling, growth hacking, lead generation, etc.)
- BA in business, finance, sales, marketing, computer science, law
- Demonstrated interest in technology, startups, entrepreneurship, venture capital, etc.
- Be a problem solver and effective communicator
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task and meet deadlines
- A high degree of drive, energy, accountability, and initiative
- Understands Techstars’ vision, direction and support of overall organization objectives
- Fits the Techstars’ culture (#givefirst, Entrepreneurial Inclination, High Quality and Network Focused)
- Available full-time and in person for a temporary position (2 months, starting in mid-January)
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile