Marriott International is a leading global lodging company based in Bethesda, Maryland, USA, with more than 4,100 properties in 79 countries and reported revenues of nearly $14 billion in fiscal year 2014. Its heritage can be traced to a root beer stand opened in Washington, D.C., in 1927 by J. Willard and Alice S. Marriott.
The company operates and fran…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Hospitality / Hotel / Restaurant
Job Number: 22170906
Location: Ikeja, Lagos
Brand: Marriott Hotels Resorts
Position Type: Non-Management
Job Category: Food and Beverage & Culinary
- Communicate any assistance needed during busy periods to the Chef to ensure optimum services.
- Notify manager if a product does not meet specifications.
- Check and ensure the correctness of the temperature of appliances and food.
- Monitor the quantity of food that is prepared and the portions that are served.
- Ensure proper portion, arrangement, and food garnish to be served. Serve food in proper portions onto proper receptacle. Set-up, clean and break down work station.
- Wash and disinfect kitchen area including tables, tools, knives, and equipment. Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning, chopping, and storing.
- Wash and peel fresh fruits and vegetables.
- Prepare and cook food.
- Follow all company and safety and security policies and procedures; report maintenance needs, accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager; complete safety training and certifications.
- Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets. Welcome and acknowledge all guests according to company standards.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals. E
- nsure adherence to quality expectations and standards.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.
- Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping.
- Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 25 pounds without assistance. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Candidates should possess relevant qualifications and experience.
Method of Application
- Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer. We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture.
- We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
Interested and qualified? Go to Marriott International, Inc. on jobs.marriott.com to apply
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.