Crest Research and Development Institute (CRADI) LTD/GTE seeks to advance humanity through research, sustainable development, and learning. We are an independent, nonprofit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition through evidence-based research and developmental aid. We use a multidisciplinary, community-friendly, and ethic-driven ap…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 1 year
- Location Adamawa , Bauchi , Borno , Gombe , Plateau , Yobe
- Job Field Media / Advertising / Branding
Program States: Taraba, Borno, Adamawa, Yobe and Bauchi.
Reports to: Director of Administration
Duration: 6 Months
Crest Research and Development Institute (CRADI) is an independent, non-profit research institute dedicated to improving the human condition through evidence-based research and developmental aid. The Institute uses a multidisciplinary, community-friendly, and ethic-driven approach to support independent, high-quality research with an impact on business development, the public sector and civil society.
CRADI partners with appropriate research, technology, development, communications, and governance institutions. Team members include people drawn from the academia, civil society, public and private sectors, as well as practitioners in various fields of endeavor who are concerned about the socio-political and economic problems of Africa. CRADI currently supports the administrative functions of the Northeast Peace and Security Network.
About the NE-PSN
The Peace and Security Network (PSN), formerly the Peace and Security Working Group, was set up in 2013 to bring together actors working on and interested in peace and security issues. It looked at conflict, peace, and security across Nigeria and with sub-groups focusing on the Niger Delta, Northeast, and intercommunal violence. It was very active until mid/late 2015, particularly in conflict analysis and scenario planning around the 2015 elections. It was rejuvenated in 2016 and took the form of a national network and with groups focusing on geographical regions. The Northeast PSN (NE PSN) aims to fill a gap by bringing together organisations working on conflict mitigation/ peacebuilding and those interested in mainstreaming conflict sensitivity and peacebuilding perspectives in their work. While doing so, it will link and interface with people doing humanitarian programming as well as the sector groups. CRADI is recruiting to fill the position of Communications Officer for the NE-PSN:
Based on CRADI’s communication principles, the Communications Officer would support the design, development, and implementation of efficient systems of communications and visibility for the NE-PSN. The officer would assist the planning criteria for communications, branding strategies, resources for online communications, and visibility in the field of website administration, social media, and electronic newsletters, articles, and related blogs. The officer must possess outstanding experience in press, media, and information campaigns, as well as a thorough understanding of photography, videography, news writing, impact stories, case studies, and success stories. The officer needs to be versed on copyrights, visual and corporate identity, standard operating procedures for communications in the development sector.
The communications officer would be responsible for completing the following tasks under the guidance and supervision of CRADI’s Director of Administration:
- Ensure effective communications and visibility for the NE-PSN.
- Develop, implement and monitor a project communication and visibility plan, facilitate better understanding among program grantees to adhere to guidelines on communications and visibility.
- Identify topics and content that could be turned into basic infographics.
- Develop compelling and visually attractive PowerPoint presentations that demonstrate the NE-PSN’s advancements and successes.
- Provide communications support to program colleagues, including events and branded materials.
- Update printed marketing materials, online program descriptions and related materials
- As needed, supervise consultants and freelancers, including videographers and video editors for the NE-PSN and CRADI.
- Work on multimedia packages – including preproduction (planning, logistics, consultants, etc.), field production and post-production (script writing, video editor, approvals, etc.)
- Manage social media platforms
- Prepare and edit press releases, programme related progress reports and documents
- Facilitate production and documenting all kinds of programme related reports including visibility material.
- Perform any other duties assigned by the supervisor as per need of the programme.
- Fulfill administrative duties and other duties related to communications and reporting.
Qualifications and Experience Required
Education: MSc, BSc or HND in Communication, Journalism, Arts, Social Sciences or in a related field
Experience: 1 year experiences in a communications and reporting role.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Proven excellent report writing and organizational and documentation skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Excellent presentation, oral and written communication skills
- The capacity to recognize content ideas, locate intriguing angles, and present stories in a style that is convincing, accurate, genuine, and respectful.
- Know how to conduct outcome driven interviews
- Experience organizing, directing, and carrying out video projects, including interaction with hired videographers and editors and script writing, is very beneficial.
- Possess strong knowledge of photography, still graphics, audio production and filmmaking.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Suite applications is advantageous
The director of administration will supervise the communications officer
English (Fluency in Hausa which is widely spoken in the NE would be an added advantage)
Must be willing and able to travel to local and difficult terrains of the NorthEast.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should kindly fill the form. Note that you will be required to provide links to some of your works, including social media handles, websites developed etc. You will also be expected to share samples of infographics you have done in along with your application. Applications must reach us on or before 14th October, 2022. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the interview.
CRADI is an equal –opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply. CRADI recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Interested and qualified? Go to Crest Research and Development Institute (CRADI) on forms.gle to apply
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.