John Snow, Inc., and our nonprofit JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc., are public health management consulting and research organizations dedicated to improving the health of individuals and communities throughout the world.
JSI’s mission is to improve the health of underserved people and communities and to provide a place where people of passion…
Read more about this company
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 10 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Consultancy
- In November 2021, the World Health Organization (WHO) released Guidance on Operational Microplanning for COVID-19 Vaccination, with technical writing and overall support from JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI).
- The guidance provides a conceptual framework for COVID-19 vaccination microplanning at the sub-national level, including an eight-step process and standardized tools and procedures.
- JSI is organizing two national field reviews of the guidance (in Nigeria and Nepal) to learn from countries’ COVID-19 microplanning experiences and perspectives and to incorporate those insights in version 2.0 of the guidance.
- The Nigerian field review will take place over 2½ days in Abuja in early September. Approximately 25 EPI officers / managers from across Nigeria along with WHO country office staff and development partners are expected to participate.
- JSI is looking to engage two to four consultant facilitators to co-facilitate the review process of the global microplanning guidance.
Under the supervision of and in close cooperation with JSI’s M-RITE Nigeria team lead, the facilitators will carry out the following tasks:
- Provide input to the meeting agenda drafted by the M-RITE Nigeria country team and other JSI staff.
- Collaborate with the other meeting facilitators and the Nigeria country team to plan the meeting (e.g., determine how each segment of the meeting will proceed) and to identify handouts and other training materials that will be needed.
- With the other participating facilitators, co-facilitate the 2½-day meeting in English, using an interactive approach to meeting facilitation.
- Take detailed notes during the meeting that capture participants’ comments on each chapter of the microplanning guidance.
- In collaboration with the other meeting facilitators, create a 12- to 15-page detailed report on the meeting that captures participants’ feedback on each chapter of the guidance and providesrecommendations for revisions to be made in each chapter. Submit the report to the M-RITE Nigeria country team within 10 days after completing the workshop.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- Hold at least MPH Degree with Medicine / Health / Statistics / Social Studies or other related background
- Excellent oral and written communication skillsin English
- Minimum of ten years of professional experience in facilitating review of WHO or National documents not limited to guidelines, manuals, and standard operating procedures
- Demonstrated understanding of immunization and immunization microplanning; experience in COVID-19 vaccination microplanning is an advantage
- Minimum of three years of experience planning and facilitating participatory meetings and/or trainings on public health topics
- Demonstrated ability to work with others in a cooperative manner
- Experience writing reports for development assistance.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their CV and Cover Letter, and 2 Samples of previous related work / products to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail
- This assignment is expected to start on 26th August, 2022 and to be completed by 20th September, 2022 (10 days before September 6th, 10 days after to submit report and extra 4 days to respond to questions on the report).
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- For more information, please contact “Ann Akparanta” via: [email protected]
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.