Federal Ministry of Science and Technology’s duty is to make Nigeria one of the acknowledged leaders of the scientifically and technologically developed nations of the world.
The Ministry’s Vision, Mission and mandate which are distill into the above stated goals are presently through various specialized Research and Development (R&D) projects i…
Read more about this company
Director General / Chief Executive Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA , PhD/Fellowship
- Experience 4 years
- Location Kaduna
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial
Conditions for Eligibilities
To apply, a candidate must:
- Possess at least a Ph.D. in a discipline relevant to the research mandate of the Institute.
- Have had extensive relevant research experience as evidenced by at least 25 scientific publications in peer reviewed reputable local and international journals.
- Have obtained his / her First Degree / Higher National Diploma from a recognized Institution and possess at least 20 years post-Graduation cognate experience including service for at least more than four (4) years as a Director(Research), its equivalent or Higher rank (s) position (s).
- Possess considerable experience in the Management of a research organization.
- Declare any previous conviction by a court of competent jurisdiction within or outside the country.
- Be certified medically fit by Government medical officer.
- Possession of higher qualifications, experience and computer literacy will be an additional advantage.
- The successful candidate appointed as the substantive Director General/CEO shall be responsible through the NITR Governing council to the Federal Ministry of Science, Technology and Innovation for the attainment of the mandate of the Institute. The tenure of ...s is 5 years not renewable.
Condition of Service
The Condition of service are as provided for Political, Public and Judicial Office Holders (Salaries and Allowances, etc. (Amendment) Bill 2008) and applied to Federal Government Research Institutes which may be modified from time to time by competent federal authorities.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit 15 copies of printed copies of their Application Letter, current and detailed Curriculum Vitae accompanied with photocopied Credentials giving the following information below:
- Full Names, Date and Place of Birth, State of Origin, Marital Status, Contact Address
- Institutions Attended with Dates, Qualifications Obtained with Dates, Membership of Professional Bodies, Prizes, Distinctions/Awards Obtained.
- Present Employer, Position and Salary, Previous Positions Held with Dates
- List of publications (starting from the most recent) in scientific journals.
- Leisure and spare time activities/hobbies.
- Any other relevant information in support of application.
- Names and addresses of the three referees, one must be from applicant’s institution/Agency who shall be able to testify to the applicant’s academic/profession competence as well as conduct and character also be ready to send their report(s) directly to the Chairman NITR Governing Council within the valid period of submitting applications mentioned below.
Applications should be forwarded to:
NITR Governing Council,
No 1, Surame Road U/Rimi GRA,
Kaduna, PMB 2077,
Attention: Recruitment and Selection Committee
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.