We specialize in delivering solutions in sustainable energy, electricity infrastructure & energy access; using our technological expertise to make lasting impact in Africa’s energy sector.
From strategy through to development and implementation, we provide our clients with innovative and sustainable solutions.
Our services include engineerin…
Read more about this company
Finance & Administration Manager – Nigeria
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
EM-ONE is a dynamic company in a scale up stage looking to further build our high-performance and impact-oriented team. We are looking for an energetic individual who is passionate about the energy transition and working cross-functionally to get things done. If this sounds like you, this role will be an amazing fit!
We are a team of technology and engineering experts focused on accelerating the sustainable energy transition in Africa. We leverage over a decade of experience providing end-to-end solutions in distributed energy systems (microgrids and large-scale PV systems for utilities, C&I and remote applications), smart electricity infrastructure, and powering healthcare.
To date, we have designed and built over 300 solar microgrids for energy access as well as for commercial & industrial applications. And now, we are growing! We have exciting and transformative projects lined up and it’s time to bring in a new team member who is as motivated and excited about technology and making their mark on Africa’s energy transition as we are!
We are looking for an experienced hands-on accounting & finance professional able to see the big picture and work with the CEO build a business with operations in Nigeria. The candidate will ensure all required data for decision making is available at the project level, legal entity level and consolidated level. Main responsibilities include:
- Financial performance and supporting determination of business objectives and decision-making at the country level by providing insightful view of the financial performance and financial position (historic and future) of the business
- Ensuring that all accounting/finance records are kept in accordance with corporate standards and local compliance requirements including tax and other accounting governmental regulations in Nigeria
- Producing reliable and relevant financial statements and reports for different stakeholders
- Data integrity and availability for accounting and project management purposes
- Controlling assets (tangible and intangible) of the Nigerian operations
- Working with project operations team to control cost and meet the business objectives and financial KPIs
- Managing information system (MIS) used by EM-ONE, ensuring data integrity and availability for accounting and project management purposes.
- Supporting other initiatives and tasks assigned by the CEO and executive team
- Accounting professional (CPA, ACCA or ACA)
- 5+ years of experience in accounting/finance environment
- Experience with project costing and financial modelling constitutes an asset
- Proficiency in QuickBooks and ERP systems
- Experienced in using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- Excellent written & verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem -solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Solid social and environmental impact mission (sustainable energy + increasing renewables to the energy transition) – with a team passionate about what we do and how we do it.
- The role is high impact – you will feel your direct impact to the company, to our mission and on our leadership team
- Timing – we’re building systems to support our growth before it gets super busy and exciting in Q3 – starting early will give you plenty of time to settle in.
- Salary range: competitive based on experience
- Benefits: full range of health & dental; generous paid sick days & vacation.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.