Finance and Admin Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND , MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience 1 year
- Location Imo
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , Finance / Accounting / Audit
The Finance & Admin Officer is responsible for ensuring the smooth operations of finance and logistics activities provided by the Operations unit by providing financial and admin support. S/he works with Program officer to coordinate and manage the operation and implementation of the project activities
- Prepare payment vouchers.
- Manage budget within the budget and ensure that all expenses are in accordance to the budget lines
- Control and enter all financial expenses appropriately
- Prepare monthly activity budget to the SR
- Payment of expenses, including per diem and transport to participants
- Ensure that entries are entered into the financial template accurately and timely.
- Arrange spaces for new employees making sure desks, chairs, etc.are ready for them to use on their start day
- Inventory and asset management
- Scan and file financial and administrative documents
- Prepare financial report and Bank reconciliation
- Coordinate and manage day-to day operations in the office
- Arrange for all office maintenance
- Coordinate the approved Activity Profiles making sure that materials, equipment, etc. required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity
- Coordinate procurement and engagement of vendors for goods and services
- Prepare payment schedules for vendors and participants.
- Properly code all transactions.
- Maintain administration and accounting files.
- Control consumption of project consumables (petrol, electricity, water, telephone,)
- Participate in the improvement of the accounting system and thesystem of internal control.
- Ensure compliance with YABS policies and procedures includinginternal control systems, Global Fund guidelines as well as NigeriaGovernment regulations.
- Create all administrative and financial reports monthly as requestedby the supervisor
- Manage payments of taxes and other statutory payments
- Ensure that systems are in place to ensure that operations aremanaged and staff act in full compliance with local laws, adhere to contract/award and donor requirements, and comply with YABS policies and standard operating procedures.
- Other tasks as requested by supervisor
Qualifications and Abilities
- Must hold a B.Sc / HND in Accounting, Business Administration, or related discipline.
- Master’s Degree and professional qualification is an added advantage.
- Minimum of One (1) year relevant experience, preferably with an NGO/CBO/CSO.
- Must have completed NYSC.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication, report skills.
- Must be a self starter, problem-solving individual with high levels of initiative;
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong internal relationship management and analytical skills.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Demonstrate excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrate high level of initiative, diplomacy and tact.
- Experience with Global Fund and U.S. government projects
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software
- Verbal and written language skills in English required
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Good typing skills
- Good memo composition and editing skills.
- Good computer skills with sound knowledge of commonly used application software
- Ability to Multi task and organize ongoing projects, looking for ways to become more efficient in completing tasks
- Consistently looks for ways to help support
- Demonstrated competence to assess priorities and manage a variety of activities in a time sensitive environment and meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Sound knowledge of Payroll management
- Must be flexible and be able to work independently and as part of a team
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should submit a one page suitability statement and an updated resume as a single MS word document to: y[email protected] and copy [email protected] with position clearly stated as subject of the email.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.