Winock is a registered Nigerian company established in 2016, specialising in flexible and cost-effective equipment rent to own service for micro-businesses. We officially started operations in 2017, providing Solar equipment leasing services to customers such as phone chargers and barbers. In 2019, we switched to rent to own to enable our customers to own th…
Read more about this company
Head of Internal Control & Audit
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 5 years
- Location Abuja
- Job Field Finance / Accounting / Audit
- We are looking to hire an experienced, suitable individual who would be responsible for examining and monitoring the company’s finances.
- The job holder will manage the auditing team and be responsible for overseeing the full audit cycle, developing auditing strategies, and creating solutions to make the company’s financial processes more effective.
- Review and evaluate the audit practice in the organization
- Ensure that the present audit practice in the company is in line with the international auditstandard.
- The head of internal audit must ensure that the department complies with sound internalauditing standards and with a relevant code of ethics.
- To independently carry out the evaluation and examination of the effectiveness andefficiency of the internal control, risk management, and governance systems.
- To carry out periodic reviews of the compliance activities within the organization in linewith the local laws and regulations.
- Promote and support a culture of compliance, risk avoidance/mitigation, and corporateaccountability throughout the bank via training and knowledge in sharing.
- Regular monitoring and supervision of the field auditors’ assignments and also report theaudit findings from the field auditors to the appropriate authority.
- To have a detailed understanding of all checklists provided by HO and ensure itseffectively disseminated to the other auditors.
- Prepare reviews and evaluations of the annual audit budget and audit plan.
- Safeguard the assets of the company.
- Carry out special assignments, and investigations that may be requested from the management
- Ensure that all the regulatory and statutory requirements are adhered to and allpayments and returns are done by the prescribed due dates
- Ensures capital & revenue expenditure complies with policies and approval limits
- Ensure compliance of loans disbursement to credit policies
- Ensure appropriate level of communication is maintained on Internal Control matters to support the framework and ensure appropriate ownership and accountabilities from management and managers.
- Develop adequate training material on the internal control objectives, approach and methodology.
- Conduct follow-up reviews of financial, operational, or regulatory compliance deficiencies noted during audits.
- A Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum of second-class lower division (2:2) in Finance related field
- Professional qualifications – either an ACA, ACCA, or CFA is an added advantage
- A minimum of 5 years experience in Internal Audit or related environment and at least 5of these years must be in a supervisory capacity.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced financial environment.
- Possess good communication skills – the ability to write quality and coherent reports for management information and decision.
- Must be smart and able to think on their feet.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
- This position is based in Abuja and interviews will be conducted in Abuja.
- We are committed to improving diversity in the workspace and work to ensure that our team is supportive of our employees. We strongly encourage applications from women.
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.