CBM is an international Christian development organisation, committed to improving the quality of life of people with disabilities in the poorest communities of the world.
Based on its Christian values and over 100 years of professional expertise, CBM addresses poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability, and works in partnership to create an inclu…
Read more about this company
Humanitarian Response Programme Officer (GFFO) project
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 years
- Location Borno
- Job Field NGO/Non-Profit
CBM (registered as CBM Christoffel-Blindenmission Christian Blind Mission e.V.) is an international development organisation committed to improving the quality of life of persons with disabilities in the persons communities of the world. Based on our Christian values and more than 100 years of professional expertise, we address poverty as a cause and a consequence of disability. We work in partnership to create an inclusive society for all.
To reinforce our Humanitarian Programme functions, we are recruiting for a Humanitarian Response Programme Officer- GFFO project.
The position is full-time, based in Maiduguri, Borno State, Nigeria with 40h/week.
This position is only filled locally. With contractual conditions of the respective country. An expatriation is not intended.
These are your responsibilities
- Detailed programme planning with implementing partners and other key stakeholders;
- Strong advocacy and collaboration with relevant stakeholders, including the government;
- Provide technical and capacity building support to partners in ensuring effective, timely and accountable programming;
- Conduct regular visits to project sites to monitor the implementation of activities, gather feedback from stakeholders and submit detailed report about the findings;
- Facilitate joint meetings and activities among partners
- Review monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annual report of partners
- Reporting, monitoring and knowledge management
- Monitor plan design and implementation
- Provide support for analysis of routine service performance data and assist in following up on the implementation of recommendations.
- Support the archiving of lessons learned, success stories and best practices.
- Development of detailed multi-year plans,deliverables and milestones planning
- Breakdown of complex activities into tasks
- Updates on risk assessment (and risk management), regular updating of all plans
- Actively contribute to concept papers, proposal writing and partner identification
- Make recommendations and corrective measures
- Scheduling of evaluation, including ToR’s development, consultant selection, evaluation coordination and integration/use of recommendations in decision-making
- Contribute to the development of program tools and knowledge products
- Maintenance of project database for easier reference and reporting
These are your qualifications
- University Degree/ HND in Psychology, Law, Sociology, Development or other related Social Sciences field is required; Master’s Degree will be an added advantage;
- Minimum of three (3) years specific professional experience working in complex and challenging field operational contexts;
- Prior experience with international development organizations, particularly with transition programming, and/or programs that have both national and community-level engagement;
- Fluency in oral and written communication skills; particularly in English language is a must
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment while juggling and coordinating multiple/conflicting priorities and deadlines.
- Microsoft Office Package (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, SharePoint) and good report writing skills.
- Ability to integrate into a multi-cultural environment.
- Must be proactive, seeking to do things differently, and to solve problems effectively and efficiently.
- Ability and willingness to learn.
- Able to work independently, and as a member of a team.
- Reflects CBM values in daily work.
- Identification with the Christian values and mandate of CBM.
What we offer
- A meaningful position with a lot of creative freedom in the world’s leading organisation in the field of Disability Inclusive Development
- A fair salary and other social benefits based on the local conditions in the country you apply for
- An approachable, agile organisation with self-reliant people in a diverse and collegial team and great team spirit
Method of Application
Applications should include
A letter of motivation, CV and relevant (work) references complete your application.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Your contact for all inquiries: Tel.: +234 9121649352
We would like to further promote diversity in our teams and therefore welcome applications from people of different ethnic and social backgrounds, religions and world views, different ages and genders, and especially from people with disabilities.
*Suitability is decisive, gender is irrelevant!
Interested and qualified? Go to CBM International on jobs.cbm.org to apply
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.