The Edo Basic Education Sector Transformation (EdoBEST) aims to transform educational outcomes for Edo’s youth in all public schools; enabling growth and prosperity across the State.
The team supporting EdoBEST are truly a team of trailblazers working to ensure that the children of Edo State have the opportunity to maximize their potential. We are l…
Read more about this company
Manager, Talent Acquisition
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 4 years
- Location Edo
- Job Field Human Resources / HR
As the Talent Acquisition Manager, you will have the opportunity to join and shape a fast-scaling global organization by developing a highly effective talent pipeline for all positions in the program. The ideal candidate will have a strong ability to multi-task and take ownership of the current talent acquisition process from the get-go. You’re an extremely effective communicator, both written and verbal, and are energized by interacting with people, building relationships, and networking. These things come naturally to you and are what you crave in your working life. A keen sense of ownership, speedy execution, and scrappiness is a must. The candidate is equally comfortable as an individual contributor as well as a leader who can drive the efforts of a team.
What You Will Do
- Utilize cross functional approach to align corporate and marketing messaging, and engagement.
- Work with hiring managers and their teams to assist with external recruitment efforts.
- Partner with People Operations for internal hiring efforts (internal recruitment is the assessment of employees for different or more senior roles.)
- Use social media, job boards, internet sourcing, and other technical means to source candidates for open jobs for current open roles and identify future talent needs and proactively recruit and source candidates.
- Manage the recruitment process and life-cycle, including initial assessments, interviews, and offers.
- Guide hiring managers and decision makers by providing valuable insight and hiring and employment data. May develop specialized or competitive intelligence and research in regards to talent development.
- Manage relationships with recruiters, academic and professional groups, and with a wider audience through use of social media and other targeted outreach to key audiences; including coordination of on-campus recruiting, job fairs, conferences, and other opportunities to connect with audiences interested in for-profit education space.
- Candidate experience focused; coach and mentor a team on meticulous candidate management using an applicant tracking system to track applicants from the selection phase through to on-boarding.
What You Should Have
- Bachelor’s degree with superior academic performance.
- In depth headhunting / recruitment / talent attraction experience, particularly with building diverse teams, gained through 4 years+ in talent acquisition, HR and / or consulting.
- Prior experience within a fast-paced, metric driven Talent Acquisition organization (agency or corporate).
- We particularly value experience in extreme growth situations – prior experience within a fast-paced, disruptor, metric driven consulting or educational organization is a bonus.
- An extremely proactive and determined attitude.
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, we work in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely on your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.