WTS Energy is the leading Consultant/Manpower Supply company to the international Oil, Gas and Energy industry. We supply Consultants to the Projects and Operations of our Clients. We also perform Outsourcing Services like Project Recruitment Campaigns and Workforce Management in Oil and Gas regions around the world.
We operate globally with offices in 16 c…
Read more about this company
Project Safety Officer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Location Rivers
- City Port Harcourt
- Job Field Safety and Environment / HSE
- Responsible for all safety and environmental issues on-board. Safety officer has ultimate authority, as delegated by OIM, to halt any maintenance job that breaches established safety limits, irrespective of if under PTW or routine procedure, and if permanent crew, Client or subcontractors involved.
- To be familiar with rules, regulations, and work procedures applicable to the task to be executed.
- Manage Permit to Work system on the unit
- Monitors condition and ensures maintenance of all safety equipment.
- Organises and convenes safety meetings, safety committee meetings, accident prevention committee meetings and prepares minutes of meeting.
- Monitors waste and hazardous material management systems on-board.
- Manage oil and chemical spill clean-up equipment.
- Manage pollution response.
- Monitor all on-board equipment, systems, and procedures to reduce risks for pollution.
- Manages on-board training system and safety drills, including debriefing.
- Manages safety reporting system on the unit.
- Monitor all gas and oxygen-measuring equipment is well maintained and calibrated as per manufactures instruction and that personal assigned to use the equipment are fully trained and supervised.
- Be familiar with H2S hazards and monitor H2S content.
- Upgrade safe work procedures on board as deemed necessary.
- Ensure that personnel executing hazardous work are trained and fully informed of the work procedures and/or quality plans and that they are complied with.
- Delegated authority from OIM to ensure that only certified and tested cargo gears in best and approved working order are used for lifting and personnel transport.
- Monitors that boat traffic and supply boat operations are well controlled, carried out efficiently and safely.
- Monitor crew lists, and other documentation related to FPSO people movement.
- Liaise with OIM regarding the units security plan
CERTIFICATES AND TRAINING
- Chief Mate Certificate – STCW95 Reg. II/2 and flag state endorsement of recognition.
- For other certificates and training, see Company Training Matrix and CBT Matrix
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Meet requirements for certification as an officer in charge of a navigational watch or more and have at least 12 months approved seagoing service in that capacity.
- Have completed approved education and training and meet the standard of competence specified in section A-II/2 of the STCW code for chief mates on ships of 3000 gross tonnage or more.
- Excellent command in English written and spoke
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to WTS Energy on www.wtsenergy.com to apply
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.