Suave Group is the leading alternative investments conglomerate in Nigeria. Our portfolio includes diversified investments in financial services, agriculture, real estate and transportation sectors, operating in 5 states across Nigeria.
We leverage extensive strategic business partnerships, industry linkages, and quality professional experience, to provide alternative investment opportunities that deliver competitive returns for our investors.
Read more about this company
Real Estate and Corporate Lawyer
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 3 – 10 years
- Location Lagos
- City Yaba
- Job Field Law / Legal
- Evaluating all relevant legal documents, regulations in relation to the company
- Negotiate, draft, review and advise upon, all required legal documentation in relation to real estate matters, including leases (commercial, residential and retail) facilities management agreements, property management agreements, assignment agreement, settlement agreements, MOUs, Title documents and other documents.
- Provide legal consultation, advice and support to companies across the company in respect of both existing and prospective clients and to identify, contain and manage exposure and contingent risk
- Provide legal advice/administration on company related matters.
- Assist with review of new contracts as well as service level agreements or changes to existing contracts with clients and partners.
- Handles all real estate related legal issues, including transfers of titles and deeds, construction, mortgage concerns.
- Work closely with clients to ensure that their property transaction goes smoothly and that all paperwork is filed according to legal requirements.
- Artificial, follow up and ensure, all approvals and necessary documentation are perfected at the government level.
- Provide all such other administrative and other secretarial duties as directed by the Legal Counsel & Company Secretary.
- Assist in the development of guidelines, policies, procedures.
- Analyse and review legal agreements, legislation and documents for the Board.
- Ensure (internal & external) compliance with laid down guidelines, policies and procedures; investigate issues of non-compliance as may be required.
- Review and advice management on legal implications of internal policies and procedures.
- Ensure the development of service level agreements for service support and delivery.
- Monitor the maintenance of the registers and other records required to be maintained by the Company under the Companies and Allied Matters Act (CAMA).
- Resolve all legal dispute through ADR or Litigation as and when due in favor of the company.
Qualifications / Experience
- A graduate Degree in Law (minimum of second class lower)
- Member of the Nigerian Bar Association.
- A minimum 4 years post NYSC experience.
- 3 -10 years experience in a combination of Real estate law, Litigation and Corporate Law
- Must have an extensive legal background, as well as business acumen, financial expertise and specific real estate knowledge.
- Sound knowledge of Microsoft office applications especially Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent written &verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of corporate law; commitment and enthusiasm in the delivery of the organization’s objectives.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and discretion.
- Good understanding of general and specific Company and commercial law.
- Excellent team working ability to ensure smooth operation in the Legal Unit as a whole.
- Good research skills.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.