MTN Nigeria is part of the MTN Group, Africa\’s leading cellular telecommunications company. On May 16, 2001, MTN became the first GSM network to make a call following the globally lauded Nigerian GSM auction conducted by the Nigerian Communications Commission earlier in the year. Thereafter the company launched full commercial operations beginning with Lago…
Read more about this company
Senior Specialist, IoT Solutions Sales
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 6 – 13 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field ICT / Computer
About the Job
- Plan and execute a go-to-market strategy for target industry verticals, regions and segments in line with the IoT sales strategy.
- Plan and execute the IoT Solutions sales strategy to meet the set goals to ensure that sales targets are achieved or exceeded.
- Create a portfolio, that is able to forge partnerships, co create with the clients, look at a solution level and commercially able to craft a TCO led consultative approach
- Work with account managers to develop and execute a comprehensive account or territory plan.
- Build and manage a healthy sales pipeline focused on driving revenue, adoption and market penetration across regions and segments.
- Deliver accurate business metrics, monthly forecasts and pipeline development reports.
- Implement a consultative selling approach by prioritising client relationships and seeking out open dialogues to explore an understanding the clients’ business, services and technology needs before offering a solution.
- Work closely with account managers to identify, qualify, shape and convert opportunities.
- Work with account managers to ensure the timely submission of quality proposals, quotations and RFP responses.
- Prospect for new opportunities to up-sell and cross-sell and, in turn, expand existing accounts within an established geographic territory and solution product line.
- Generate demand by assisting clients to identify and qualify current needs.
- Drive revenue and market share through partner-led sales.
- Engage with segment and regional account management teams, presales solution architects, external partners and professional services organisations to drive large and highly complex opportunities to closure.
- Work with account managers to positions MTN as a market leader within the target markets by conveying compelling value propositions and return on investments for the IoT Solutions offering.
- Develop a personal network within the business sector and represent MTN IoT Solutions portfolio at key ICT events, such as conferences and trade fairs, to enhance the visibility and reputation of MTN and its ICT products and services offering.
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of MTN IoT Solutions while keeping abreast of the competitive landscape and industry trends.
- Work with Presales architects to translate customer requirements into tangible results through the development and delivery of customised Use-Case demonstrations and Proof of Concepts.
- Provide IoT Solution training to customers, partners and resellers.
- Prepare and deliver technical presentations and demonstrations explaining MTN IoT Solutions offerings to existing as well as prospective clients.
- Provide customer feedback to IoT Product Owners on product performance; and support the roll-out of new products.
- Maintain alignment to the Group sales and presales architect processes.
- Comply with relevant MTN policies and procedures.
- B.Sc / HND preferably in an ICT discipline.
6 -13 years’ experience which includes:
- Minimum 10 plus of experience in ICT
- Minimum of 8 years of IoT and technology related sales management or business development experience.
- Manager track record of 5 years or more; with at least 3 years in the Operational technology of IOT
- Deep domain experience in one or two industry verticals is essential, inline with the IOT vertical specialization in the industry
- Min Experience of 3 years in working with IOT technology companies like ABB, GE, Schneider, or similar environments is key
- Technical experience of enterprise architecture and delivery experience in IOT solutions is advantageous
- Ability to lead a consultative, TCO lead, technical sell for a min of 3 years.
- Work experience across diverse cultures and geographies is advantageous
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges.
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Go to MTN Nigeria on www.linkedin.com to apply
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.