Never pay for any CBT, test or assessment as part of any recruitment process. When in doubt, contact us
With a fleet of 258 modern container ships and a total transport capacity of 1.9 million TEU, Hapag-Lloyd is one of the world’s leading liner shipping companies. The Company has around 14,000 employees and 400 offices in 135 countries. Hapag-Lloyd has a container capacity of 2,9 million TEU – including one of the largest and most modern fleets of…
Read more about this company
Supervisor, Sales Execution
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 7 years
- Location Lagos
- Job Field Sales / Marketing / Retail / Business Development
Supervisor, Sales Execution
This role is responsible for:
- Developing budget within designated territory
- Soliciting potential customers; developing existing customers; servicing and maintaining all accounts within assigned territory
- Evaluating customer potential and conduct MR sales planning
- Developing a sales pipeline to align to company aspirations and optimize vessel utilization in view of volume and profitability.
- Developing account plans (pursuit plans)
- Logging appointments, client contact in CRM
- Monthly cycle of planning volumes by customer and trade relations
- Developing and maintaining excellent internal relationships that enhance customer experience.
- Identifying backup/support and delegating as necessary, for e.g., problem solving goes to customer services.
- Managing and growing portfolio of customers and opportunities
- Covering MR and GEO from Customers (push –pull) as defined in areas sales steering concept.
- Focusing on medium and large account
- Dealing directly with customers to develop, secure and maintain most profitable business.
- Conducting sales planning and performance management as defined in enhanced sales process including account planning: regular/ GAM NVO GAM/ BCO
- Approaching customer through specified sales channels
- Serving as specialist e.g., reefer, commodity, import etc.
- Preparing and conducting visits, report and follow up on visits.
- Concluding contracts for MR customers (proposal, negotiations and closing)
- Recording commitments (tender tracking / commercial)
- Driving CU business for foreign MR’s and adhere to push pull process.
- Selectively engaging in TM discussions on important matters e.g., tender guidance and negotiations, special commodity market rates etc.
- Providing feedback on market information and give clear information to sales coordination regarding pricing requirements to enable future communications with TM and handover to customer service.
- Coordinating credit applications in coordination with Sales Management and Finance
- Completing weekly activity reports to be tabled and discussed during weekly 1on1 with line manager.
- Any other Sales related tasks as requested by the Management.
- Minimum 7 years’ experience in a commercial role, preferably in the maritime sector
- Communication Skills
- Active knowledge of market, maritime documents and commercial terms
- Active knowledge of sales techniques
- Active knowledge of English “maritime” language
- Active knowledge of MS Office
Qualifications and skills
- A bachelor’s degree (or foreign equivalent) in social science(s).
- A professional certification will be an added advantage.
Method of Application
Build your CV for free. Download in different templates.