AppZone is a response to the growing need in emerging markets for financial services accessibility to the masses. The company was formed with a genuine belief in Africa’s latent ability to support the home grown production and delivery of world class IT Software for the enhancement of key sectors of the budding economy.
AppZone started off primarily …
Read more about this company
Vice President (VP), Product Operations
- Job Type Full Time
- Qualification BA/BSc/HND
- Experience 8 years
- Location Lagos
- City Lekki
- Job Field Administration / Secretarial  , ICT / Computer
Job Opening ID105
Location: Lekki, Lagos
Grade Level: VP
- The Product Operations team is looking for an exceptional leader to build the team. This team champions the operations experience from product quality assurance to service operations through to Project Management.
- As a VP, Product Operations, you will be working closely with the Leadership team to define the strategy for your team and creating a consistent approach to managing tools and processes and operational efficiency at scale.
- The role has cross-functional partnerships with Product Management, Engineering and Operational Excellence to improve the quality, efficiency and scalability of our product offerings.
- This role requires an innovative, ambitious and hard-working professional with experience in developing and implementing Product Operation processes in a Technology driven organization.
As the Head of Product Operations, your job responsibilities include the following:
- Formulation of policies and standard operating procedures in line with company strategy and business goals.
- Co-ordination of the team’s effort to implement and adhere to best practices and defined standard operating procedures.
- Coordination of people, processes, and tools to guarantee the successful delivery of all value promised as part of communicating the product value proposition.
- Ensuring that target KPIs on product and service quality are consistently met and surpassed.
- Ensuring that periodic goals and performance expectations of the various units within the team are achieved.
- Ensuring complete compliance and on-going improvements to best practices for software development life cycle management.
- Ensuring complete compliance and on-going improvements to best practices for technical and operational support processes
- Instituting and coordinating strategic project management operations to eliminate and avoid major project bottlenecks
- Overseeing, supporting, and ensuring complete compliance with best practices for internal and client-site project execution activities.
- Formulating and implementing necessary changes to people, processes, and tools to continuously increase efficiency, improve quality and eliminate operational bottlenecks.
- Establishing, planning towards, and providing for current and future resource/capacity requirements.
- Ensuring on-going benchmarking and improvement of core skills across various units within the team.
- Involvement in the audit of prospective client systems, analysis of requirements and development of suitable solution designs and architectures.
- Ensuring the availability of technical and business-related documentation required for the smooth functioning of all functions within the team
We would love to meet someone with:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, or similar subject areas.
- Possesses one or more of the following internationally recognized professional qualifications; PMP, Prince II, Scrum, or Six Sigma
- At least 8 years related work experience including experience in one or more of the following areas: Management Consulting, Banking, Fintech, and Technology with 4 years in Leadership capacity.
- Proven entrepreneurial or intrapreneurial accomplishments with an industry reputation for successful execution and ability to deliver operational excellence in technology services.
- Proven track record of driving efficient, streamlined and scalable operational processes.
- Candidate should have good knowledge of software development life cycle, payment, banking, and IT infrastructure.
- Someone who understands how products get built; ideally has coached others in agile and lean methodologies.
- Strong capabilities in project management, product management, process engineering, scrum, software development & IT operations (DevOps), software requirements analysis, quality assurance, and service delivery
- Candidate must have strong interpersonal and leadership skills with the ability to build rapport across various stakeholders including the team, clients, partners, investors, and executive leadership.
- Strong analytical skills. Demonstrate initiative, meticulous eye for detail and problem-solving skills with a view to continuous improvement & automation.
- The ability to work independently, with a strong sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
- Previous experience as a software developer or application/system administrator preferable.
- We currently run a hybrid work structure; some days are remote while others require you collaborate with colleagues at the office location. For each situation, you may have:
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk, working on a computer and brainstorming with people.
- This role functions within Zone and reports to the COO.
Method of Application
Be found by employers. Sign up and complete your profile.