Connect with us

World

Madagascar: Minister ‘Swims for 12 Hours’ after Helicopter Crashes at Sea

Published

on

download 20 1

Madagascar: Minister ‘Swims for 12 Hours’ after Helicopter Crashes at Sea

Madagascan government minister has said he swam for 12 hours to safety after his helicopter crashed at sea during a rescue mission.

Advertisement

“It’s not my time to die,” exhausted Police Minister Serge Gelle said as he recovered on a stretcher.

Two other security officials travelling with him in the helicopter also survived the crash.

Advertisement

The team had been scouting an area in the north-eastern part of the country where a passenger boat had sunk.

At least 39 people died in that accident, officials said on Tuesday.

Advertisement

On Twitter President Andry Rajoelina mourned those who died and also paid tribute to Mr. Gelle and the other two officers, who arrived in the seaside town of Mahambo separately.

It’s unclear why Monday’s accident happened but Mr Gelle, 57, said after the crash he swam from “7:30 last night, until 7:30 this morning,” to Mahambo.

Advertisement

He said he had no injuries but added that he was feeling cold.

“I would just like you to broadcast this video for my family to see, my colleagues to see, the government members to see. I am alive and well,” Mr. Gelle told villagers at Mahambo.

Advertisement

Police chief Zafisambatra Ravoavy told news agency AFP that Mr. Gelle had used one of the helicopter’s seats as a flotation device.

He has always had great stamina in sport, and he’s kept up this rhythm as minister, just like a 30-year-old… he has nerves of steel,” Mr. Ravoavy said.

Advertisement

Mr. Gelle had served in the police for three decades before his August appointment as minister.

 

Advertisement

 

 

Advertisement

BBC /Shakirat Sadiq

World

UK: After news of military deployment to stop Muslim boat migrants, word leaks of government coverup

Published

on

Priti Patel

The continual influx of illegal Muslim migrants into the UK via the English Channel is a massive crisis. Likewise, Muslim migrant rape gang activity was a crisis, and remains one. The similarity between the two is that the UK government is trying desperately to cover them up to create an illusion of public safety. They don’t want people to lose faith in their government, but the truth continues to leak.

To save his own political career amid his diving popularity, Boris Johnson recently announced that he was deploying the military to stop English Channel illegal entries. But the hope was short-lived. How serious was Johnson? Merely a couple of days after his announcement comes news that the UK Home Office will be covering up how many migrants are entering the UK via the English Channel.

Promise upon promise. The UK government is making a fool out of its citizens while putting them in harm’s way. Read the latest news about Muslim migrants illegally entering the English Channel HERE.

Advertisement

Brexit was driven by public opposition to open-door immigration. Brexit archetect Nigel Farage “said that the plan to quash daily reporting figures ‘must not be allowed to happen’, noting that the public is ‘seething’ over the government’s failures.” That they are. And the Johnson government keeps on getting in deeper. Farage predicts that tens of thousands more are on the way, “that some 60,000 illegals will make the journey across the English Channel. Earlier this week, the Home Office was reportedly warned that up to 65,000 could land on British shores this year.”

So much for Boris Johnson’s announcement about military intervention. Instead, the illegals will be welcomed into Britain as national security is imperiled and the coverups continue.

“Migrant Coverup: Home Office to Stop Publishing Daily Illegal Migrant Figures,” by Kurt Zindulka, Breitbart, January 21, 2022:

Advertisement

Priti Patel’s Home Office has been accused of attempting to cover up the scale of the migrant crisis in the English Channel after plans to scrap the publication of daily boat migrant figures were leaked to a British newspaper.

On Wednesday evening, the British broadsheet most closely connected with the Tory government, The Daily Telegraph, reported that the Home Office, under the direction of Home Secretary Priti Patel, is planning to release the number of illegal migrants who cross the English Channel on a quarterly basis rather than reporting the numbers in real-time as has been customary to now.

The move to release migrant figures every three months was revealed by the UK’s Office for Statistics Regulation (OSR), which told the paper: “We have urged the department to take account of user need for a more frequent publication.”

Last year, a record 28,400 illegal migrants crossed the Channel on small boats set off from the beaches of France, more than three times that seen in the year prior.

While January is typically a quiet month for people smuggling operations across the busy waterway due to wintery weather conditions, the furious pace of boat migrant crossings has only escalated, with nearly 1,000 migrants crossing since the start of the year, compared to 223 during the entire month last year.

Advertisement

The mooted move to scrap official daily reporting of illegal migrant crossings by Home Secretary Priti Patel — who previously vowed to the British public to make illegal boat migration an “infrequent phenomenon” — has drawn heavy criticism from border control advocates.

Commenting on Thursday evening on GB News, Migration Watch UK chairman Alp Mehmet described the plan as “absolutely insane” and “undemocratic”.

Mr Mehment [sic] questioned whether the move would be effective in covering up the numbers of migrants as journalists only have to count the migrant as they are brought ashore by the Border Force.

The Migration Watch chairman said that the decision was likely influenced by the besieged government of Prime Minister Boris Johnson wishing to avoid the “flak that follows when large numbers come in”.

Advertisement

Dover MP Natalie Elphicke said: “This is not a statistical exercise – this is a serious crisis where people are exploited by criminal gangs on a daily basis and lives are tragically lost. Daily figures are vital so the progress in tackling this crisis can be properly monitored.”

The government, which promised to ‘take back control‘ of the nation’s borders following the official departure from the European Union at the beginning of 2020, has been frequently criticised for failing to do so, as well as so far failing to come to an agreement with the EU or France individually on the issue of migrant returns.

In order to quell a growing revolt against the Prime Minister over repeated lockdown partying scandals, the Tory government has embarked on a so-called “Operation Red Meat” strategy of offering up traditionally conservative agenda items to appease the base, including sending the Royal Navy in to coordinate the migrant response….

Advertisement
Continue Reading

World

Mars Being Sued For Using Illegal Child Slave Labor to Make “WOKE” M&M’s and Other Candy

Published

on

mars child slavelabor 01

Did you know M&M’s have gone “woke”?

***FOLLOW US ON RUMBLE***

That’s right, the little candy-coated chocolates are now getting into the “gender-bender/feminist” progressive hogwash.

Advertisement

Just what we need, right?

Daily Mail reported on the stupid story, saying that the iconic M&M characters – ubiquitous in commercials for the chocolate candies for decades – are getting a makeover that the company claimed Thursday will fit them in a ‘more dynamic, progressive world.’

The changes, which will take effect immediately, gives the characters a more modern look to emphasize characters’ ‘personalities.’

The biggest changes appear to be to the two female M&Ms, the green and brown ones. Mars, the maker of the candies, has been criticized in the past for making the green M&M too sexy, and either pushing a rivalry or a possible flirtation with the brown M&M.

Advertisement

This is what the original “non-woke” M&Ms looked like:

MORE NEWS: [VIDEO] Counter-Protester at DC Anti-Mandate Rally Tells Reporter When Her “Vax Injury” Heals, She’ll Get a Booster

Screen Shot 2022 01 24 at 8.18.36 AM

Here’s the new “woke” M&Ms:

Untitled design

Screen Shot 2022 01 24 at 8.18.10 AM

The solution appears to be the green M&M losing her stiletto boots in favor of sneakers and the brown M&M wearing slightly lower heels than before to what Mars spokespersons called a ‘professional height.’

Advertisement

Mars wants the green M&M to be ‘better represented to reflect confidence and empowerment, as a strong female, and known for much more than her boots.’

As far as the relationship between the green and brown M&Ms, it will be based on the two ‘together throwing shine and not shade,’ as a reaction to how the two have been at odds at times in promotional material.

If you think this is the dumbest stuff you’ve ever heard, you’re not alone. I am right there with you.

***FOLLOW US ON CLOUDHUB***

Advertisement
10

But the reason I am telling you all of this is because while Mars and liberals are fretting over the personality of a piece of candy, a really serious matter of life and death is unfolding.

Mars and other candy giants are being sued for “aiding and abetting” illegal child labor on massive cocoa plantations on the Ivory Coast.

Eight former child-slaves, who are now adults, are suing the candy companies.

The Guardian reported last year that eight children who claim they were used as slave labour on cocoa plantations in Ivory Coast have launched legal action against the world’s biggest chocolate companies. They accuse the corporations of aiding and abetting the illegal enslavement of “thousands” of children on cocoa farms in their supply chains.

Advertisement

Nestlé, Cargill, Barry Callebaut, Mars, Olam, Hershey and Mondelēz have been named as defendants in a lawsuit filed in Washington DC by the human rights firm International Rights Advocates (IRA), on behalf of eight former child slaves who say they were forced to work without pay on cocoa plantations in the west African country.

The plaintiffs, all of whom are originally from Mali and are now young adults, are seeking damages for forced labour and further compensation for unjust enrichment, negligent supervision and intentional infliction of emotional distress.

It is the first time that a class action of this kind has been filed against the cocoa industry in a US court. Citing research by the US state department, the International Labour Organization and Unicef, among others, the court documents allege that the plaintiffs’ experience of child slavery is mirrored by that of thousands of other minors.

Ivory Coast produces about 45% of the global supply of cocoa, a core ingredient in chocolate. The production of cocoa in west Africa has long been linked to human rights abuses, structural poverty, low pay and child labour.

Advertisement

A central allegation of the lawsuit is that the defendants, despite not owning the cocoa farms in question, “knowingly profited” from the illegal work of children. According to the submissions, the defendants’ contracted suppliers were able to provide lower prices than if they had employed adult workers with proper protective equipment.

Well, now we know who will make these more “progressive” M&M’s – a bunch of abused children. How “forward-thinking” of Mars, right?

But that’s okay. Liberals don’t really care what’s going on in the “real world,” as long as they have cute little candy symbols of their progressive lifestyle.

****FOLLOW US ON TELEGRAM***

Advertisement

Mars has a section on their website talking about child slave labor and their so-called efforts to stop it:

For decades, we have worked in collaboration with others toward achieving sustainable cocoa production and a cocoa supply chain where everyone has the opportunity to thrive, human rights are respected, and the environment is protected. However, progress has been slow, and we believe that we and others must significantly step-up our efforts to drive the change that is needed. That’s why we launched our Cocoa for Generations strategy in 2018. Backed by an investment of billion over 10 years (2018-2028), our efforts are focused on protecting children, preserving forests and improving farmer income across our cocoa supply chain while also strengthening the viability of the cocoa supply in the future by helping farmers grow more cocoa on less land, diversifying their crops and income, and empowering women and communities.

Does anyone really believe children are not still being used as cheap labor to make “woke” candies?

Mars has no comment on the litigation, claiming they don’t talk about ongoing lawsuits.


adfree

DEAR MEMBERS,
Are you sick of seeing ads? Well then it’s time to get rid of them! WayneDupree.com is proud to offer a PREMIUM VIP MEMBERSHIP that eliminates ads and gives you the BEST browsing experience.

Advertisement

SIGN UP HERE and join us!

Follow Wayne on Rumble!

Advertisement
Continue Reading