Naija News, Nigerian News, and NaijaOnPoint Summary Today 27 November 2022 can be accessed below.
Naijaonpoint has compiled Nigerian News, Newspaper Headlines, Naija News, and NaijaOnPoint Summary from all Nigerian newspapers today, Sunday 27 November 2022.
See Nigeria News Headlines, Naija News, NaijaOnPoint Summary Today, Sunday 27, November 2022 Below:
1. Governor Ahmadu Fintiri of Adamawa State escaped unhurt after a truck crushed two vehicles in his convoy on Saturday. An eyewitness said the incident happened shortly after the governor and some of his commissioners entered a black Mercedes bus after a wedding at Agga Mosque in Dougirei highbrow area of Yola.
2. There will no longer be a hiding place for oil thieves and their accomplices, no matter how highly placed in the country if the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) takes power next year. This was the pledge of the PDP presidential candidate, Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, when he interacted with a broad spectrum of corporate Nigeria under the aegis of Business Dialogue Stakeholders Forum at Eko hotel in Lagos, on Saturday.
3. A 36-year-old suspected homosexual, Sikiru Ajibola, has been arrested by men of Ogun State Police Command for allegedly raping a five- year-old boy to death in the Ogijo area of Ogun State. The Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Abimbola Oyeyemi, disclosed this in a statement on Saturday.
4. Speaker of the House of Representatives, Mr. Femi Gbajabiamila, has taken a jab at those doubting the age of the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC, Bola Tinubu. Speaking at the rally for Tinubu in Lagos on Saturday, Gbajabiamila in apparent reference to the controversy, declared that Tinubu’s age is what his mother said he is.
5. The All Progressives Congress, APC, presidential candidate, Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, yesterday, hit the Peoples Democratic Party’s (PDP) candidate, Atiku Abubakar again, saying that his supporters are ready to end the political sojourn of the ex-vice president in 2023 with their Permanent Voter Cards (PVCs). He said that no matter the antics of his opponents, none of them could kill him.
6. Former Nigeria’s Ambassador to Spain and wife of the late Igbo leader, Mrs Bianca Ojukwu, yesterday, said that the Igbo are missing her husband, Dim Chukwuemeka Odumegwu Ojukwu, at this critical moment in the nation’s history. She said that the people of Southeast lack strong leaders who could speak for them now ahead of next year’s elections.
7. The Nigeria Security and Civil Defence Corps (NSCDC), Osun State Command, has deployed 3,700 personnel for the inauguration of Osun Governor-elect, Ademola Adeleke. In readiness for today’s handover, security operatives have been stationed across the borders of the State.
8. Hillary Vincent, the project manager of popular gospel singer, Sammie Okposo, has denied the viral reports that the singer slumped in his Lekki, Lagos, residence on Friday morning, November 25, 2022. He said contrary to the viral report, the singer died in his sleep.
9. The Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN) has said that its in-house model-based simulations indicate that inflation rate could fall steadily to less than 15 per cent by the end of 2023. The CBN Governor, Godwin Emefiele, stated this during the 57th Annual Bankers Award Dinner, which was held in Lagos.
10. The Chief Justice of Nigeria, CJN, Justice Olukayode Ariwoola, yesterday, after appearing to have been caught in political fray, dissociated himself from a purported statement on the activities of the aggrieved governors of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, otherwise known as G5 Governors.