- Nokia will launch a new smartphone on September 11 in India.
- The company will equip the device with a Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 SoC.
- Nokia will launch the device in two variants.
HMD Global-owned Nokia has been teasing a new smartphone launch in India over the past week. The initial teaser shared by Nokia suggested that the brand will launch a new smartphone on September 6. However, Nokia later revealed that the brand will launch the Nokia G42 5G smartphone on September 11.
The smartphone was accidentally listed on Amazon, revealing its complete specifications and Amazon availability. Nokia launched the G42 5G smartphone in June 2023 for the European market. The device is the first smartphone from Nokia to feature user-repairable features for the European market. Nokia has teased the pricing of the smartphone through a new post in X (formerly Twitter).
The HMD Global-owned brand has conducted a poll in X (formerly Twitter) to guess the price of the upcoming Nokia smartphone. The brand has included two options with prices ranging between Rs 16,xxx and Rs 18,xxx. The poll confirms that Nokia will price the G42 5G smartphone under Rs 18,000 in India.
Nokia will likely launch the smartphone in a lower 4GB RAM variant to price the smartphone at Rs 16,999. It is worth noting that Nokia hasn’t teased the self-repairability function of the smartphone in India. We might have to wait until launch for more clarifications on the same. To recall, Nokia equips the smartphone with a 6.56-inch LCD Display with HD+ resolution.
The device features a waterdrop notch and supports a 90Hz refresh rate. Under the hood, G42 5G sports Qualcomm Snapdragon 480 SoC, built on an 8nm process. The chipset has two Kryo Gold 460 cores clocked at 2.0GHz, six Kryo 460 Silver cores clocked at 1.8GHz, and an Adreno 619 GPU. The device runs on Stock Android based on Android 13 out of the box.
Nokia is likely to push two major Android and three years of security updates. The company will also equip the device with virtual RAM support, allowing users to extend up to 11GB. Nokia equips the smartphone with a triple rear camera setup in a rectangular camera module. The setup comprises a 50MP primary camera, 2MP macro, and 2MP depth secondary lenses.
The device is backed by a large 5000mAh battery with 20W wired fast charging support. Nokia claims the device can last up to three days on a standard usage. The company also highlights the inclusion of OZO-powered loudspeakers in the teasers.
Nokia G42 5G Specifications
- Display: 6.56-inch IPS LCD display, HD+ resolution, punch-hole cutout, 90Hz refresh rate, a peak brightness of 450 nits, 20:9 aspect ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- Processor: Octa-core Snapdragon 480+ SoC with Adreno 619 GPU
- Software: Stock Android based on Android 13
- RAM and Storage: 6GB RAM, 128GB internal storage, microSD card slot
- Rear camera: 50MP primary camera, 2MP depth sensor, 2MP macro lens, LED flash
- Front camera: 8MP
- Battery: 5,000mAh, 20W fast charging support
- Other Features: IP52 rating, Side-mounted fingerprint sensor
... Nokia G42 5G Price Officially Teased Ahead of India Launch On September 11 Read More on ... MySmartPrice.