A burn survivor has thanked God for keeping her alive 17 years after her uncle’s wife poured acid on her face.
Francess Chizoba Obanye took to her social media page to give God all the praise.
In 2004, Francess was 9 years old when her uncle’s wife broke into her bed while she was sleeping and spilled a bucket of acid on her face.
On Wednesday, November 17, the Anambra State University graduate turned to Instagram to celebrate her life, years after the terrible incident.
“A day like today!! I cried till there was no more tears in my eyes. A day like today I felt pains that I won’t forget till I die,” she wrote. “A day like today I asked so many questions that I am yet to get the answers till today!
“On the 17th of November I started a journey!! This day took our my physical beauty but didn’t take away who I was.
“This day gave me scars that will always remind me!! Yes that this girl is really a strong girl . Today I am celebrating life
“This is my 17th year of always smiling even when it hurts deep down me!! Even in my next life to come I will always choose me
“Happy 17th year Anniversary to me and I can boldly say to myself,
Hey girl you are a strong girl. 17-2004 to 17-2021.
Dowen College Mourns Late Sylvester Oromoni’s Death (Read Full Statement)
The school released a statement dated 4th December 2021. It reads;
“FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
4th December 2021
DOWEN COLLEGE SPEAKS: COMMISERATES WITH SYLVESTER OROMONI’S FAMILY
Our deepest sympathies go out to the family of one of our beloved students, Sylvester Oromoni Jr.
He was dearly loved by his fellow students and he was a beacon of light for the school.
The tragic and unfortunate incident which transpired this past November, and Sylvester’s untimely death requires a thorough and proper investigation.
Dowen College is fully committed to this.
We are assisting the authorities to get to the bottom of this heartbreaking incident.
The first steps taken by the school, in conjunction with the Ministry of Education, has been the immediate closure of the school to aid investigation.
Understandably, at this time of intense grief and suffering, emotions are raw and tensions are high.
We pray that God, who alone knows how to comfort the sorrowing, will comfort Sylvester’s family and all those who loved and knew him.
We commiserate with the Oromoni family, and the students of Dowen College who have lost a friend and a fellow student.
This is a traumatic experience.
We assure our parents that the school is taking steps to ensure the safety and security of their children and wards.
This is paramount.
Every child is valued at Dowen College and their health and well-being is one of the utmost priority of the school.
Board and Management,
Dowen College, Lagos,
Kano Govt Warns Farmers Against Using Industrial Waste As Manure
The Commissioner for Environment, Dr Kabiru Ibrahim Getso, who gave the warning at a news briefing in Kano, stressed that using industrial waste as manure posed health risks, including kidney disease.
According to the commissioner, the areas where farmers mostly engage in the practice include Wudil, Tamburawa, Dawakin Kudu and Gezawa.
He further called on people living near industrial estates such as Sharada and Challawa to be cautious and avoid contact with industrial waste