adplus-dvertising
Nigeria Newspapers

Ondo Amotekun prosecutes 600 suspected criminals – Commander

dcamotekuncorps

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE

Amotekun Corps

The Ondo State Security Network Agency also known as Amotekun Corps on Wednesday said it had prosecuted about 600 suspected criminals in court between January and June this year.

The commander of the Amotekun in the state, Akogun Adeleye, disclosed this during the parade of another 48 suspected criminals at the state headquarters of the corps in Akure, the state capital.

Adeleye said, “About 600 suspects have been prosecuted between January and June 2024. Kidnapping in Ondo State has gone down by 90 per cent and the remaining 10 per cent, we only have them in the borders, the extreme. But in all of these few occasions, we ensured that we rescued the victims and the suspects were made to face the music.

“The signal we are sending to criminals is that Ondo State isn’t a place where they can stay. We want them to know that even as kidnappers, once you kidnap, you can’t get away with it. If you steal a car, you can’t get away with it. If you break houses, we’ll pick you. So, what’s the point of doing what you know you won’t get away with?”

On the 48 suspects paraded, the commander explained that they were arrested across the state during the ongoing ‘Operation Safe-Ground’ in the state.

According to him, the suspects allegedly committed crimes which included kidnapping, stealing of cows, attempted murder, fraud and illegal counterfeiting of money, cultism, burglary, arson, anti-grazing activities and vandalisation of critical government assets among others.

The Ondo Amotekun boss declared that all suspects would soon be charged in court.

“Like I said, we have 48 suspects today (Wednesday) and all of these suspects have been profiled and will be taken to the next level which is the appropriate court of law to try their cases. Those found wanting will be sent to the correctional home.

“We are telling criminals in the state to get out of Ondo State and to the good people of Ondo State, we want to reassure you that the government of Lucky Aiyedatiwa is resolute in making the state conducive for businesses, social activities and all that makes it a good place to stay,” he stated.

WATCH FULL VIDEO

WATCH THE VIDEO HERE