Chelsea are likely to lose a star man with a move to Tottenham now looking increasingly likely, Erling Haaland’s next destination has been identified, while Thursday’s transfer gossip has new claims over the future of Alexandre Lacazette.
CONTE TO MAKE SERIOUS PLAY FOR ANTONIO RUDIGER
Tottenham are reportedly growing in confidence they can secure the signing of Antonio Rudiger.
The Germany defender’s contract at Stamford Bridge expires in the summer. Talks over a new deal are yet to bear fruit. Indeed, their latest offer – said to fall £60,000 a week short of what he’s seeking – has been branded a “slap in the face”.
As per The Sun, the 28-year-old is reportedly looking for a deal worth £190,000 a week. And, having seriously impressed under Thomas Tuchel, Rudiger believes he’s worth it.
And, as he’s settled in London, he’s reportedly not seeking to leave the capital and move overseas.
As such, journalist Dean Jones believes Spurs have a solid chance to luring him away from the Blues.
“You look at somebody like Antonio Rudiger,” said Jones. “Tottenham’s interest in him is genuine. From what I’ve heard so far, they’re probably the club willing to push the boat out the most in terms of salary,” he added to The Football Terrace.
In a move sure to rile Thomas Tuchel, Antonio Conte is offering Rudiger the chance to potentially become Tottenham’s captain and the heartbeat of their side.
Bayern Munich are also circling, while there is interest from Juventus and Real Madrid.
However, reports now suggest that unless Chelsea somehow redeem themselves to Rudiger, then a move across London to Tottenham looks on.
REAL MADRID OUT OF ERLING HAALAND RACE
Erling Haaland will sign for one of Manchester United, Manchester City or Chelsea in the summer with Real Madrid revealing they are out of the race and confirming the Norwegian will move to England. (The Sun)
Chelsea fans are reportedly fuming after hearing their season tickets are set to triple to almost £4,000 following the club’s decision to upgrade their facilities at Stamford Bridge. (The Sun)
Exeter’s place in the FA Cup second round is under threat following an investigation into why they used six substitutes in their replay win over Bradford. (The Sun)
Arsenal are only willing to offer Alexandre Lacazette a short-term deal as the striker nears the end of his contract at Emirates Stadium. (The Sun)
Conor Gallagher has serious reservations on his Chelsea future despite a promise from Marina Granovskai. (Daily Express)
NEWCASTLE IN HUNT FOR IMPRESSIVE SERIE A TRIO
Newcastle United are targeting Inter Milan duo Stefan de Vrij and Marcelo Brozovic as well as Lazio goalkeeper Thomas Strakosha in a huge triple raid on Serie A. (The Times)
Manchester City have signed a curious partnership deal with a mysterious start-up cryptocurrency company whose executives’ names do not appear to have any online presence. (The Times)
Tottenham are battling Aston Villa over Juventus midfielder Weston McKennie, while Aaron Ramsey is also likely to move to Newcastle. (Daily Mirror)
Manchester United’s wage bill has risen by nearly 25% following the return of Cristiano Ronaldo to Old Trafford. (Daily Mirror)
Jurgen Klopp is hopeful Jordan Henderson will be given the all clear for Saturday’s visit of Arsenal. That’s after the Liverpool captain resumed in with parts of team training on Wednesday. (Daily Mirror)
AND MORE TRANSFER GOSSIP
South American football chiefs have suspended two referees, including a VAR official, for failing to punish Argentina’s Nicolas Otamendi for his blatant elbow on Brazil winger Raphinha. (Daily Mail)
Paul Pogba’s agent Mino Raiola is toying again with the idea of Paul Pogba’s exit at Manchester United. The super agent is now declaring ‘December is the month of dreams.’ (Daily Mail)
Real Madrid forward Gareth Bale faces several weeks out following the calf injury sustained while on international duty with Wales. (Daily Mail)
Arsenal are likely to welcome back Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for Saturday’s trip to face Liverpool. (Daily Mail)
Roma director Tiago Pinto is refusing to rule out a January swoop for out-of-favour Manchester United man Diogo Dalot. (Daily Mail)
Eddie Howe plots LaLiga raid; also wants Prem duo in Newcastle defensive upgrade
Newcastle boss Eddie Howe wants to bring experienced defensive trio Kieran Trippier, Ben Mee and James Tarkowski to St James’ Park, according to reports.
The new Magpies boss wants to add more knowhow to his squad in the club’s fight for Premier League survival. To that end, he wants Atletico Madrid man Trippier and Clarets duo Mee and Tarkowksi to add that to his defensive back line.
The report in The Sun claims that England right-back Trippier, who is also wanted by Manchester United, would cost around £25million and demand big wages.
Howe also wants Turf Moor pair Mee and Tarkowski, who are both out of contract in the summer.
Burnley’s struggles this season have come from not scoring enough goals, with their defence doing fairly well.
Tarkowski has been spoken of as a Newcastle target for some time, with Steve Bruce previously wanting the England man.
Meanwhile, the report adds that Hoffenheim’s Florian Grillitsch and Dusan Vlahovic of Fiorentina are also on Howe’s radar.
The former is a centre-back who can also play in midfield and is a full Austria international. Vlahovic, meanwhile, continues to be linked with a switch to the Premier League.
Manchester United, Manchester City, Tottenham and Arsenal have all been mooted as potential destinations for the free-scoring Serbia striker.
Newcastle secured their first win of the Premier League season in their 15th game on Saturday.
Callum Wilson scored the all-important winner in the 1-0 victory over relegation rivals Burnley.
Give our social media channels a follow – we’re on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Emenalo turns down Toon
Meanwhile, Newcastle have been dealt a significant blow after Michael Emenalo reportedly turned down an offer to become the club’s director of football.
The former Chelsea technical director has been the club’s’ top target for the position ever since the Saudi-led £305million-takeover.
But according to the Telegraph, the 56-year-old decided the role is not a good fit. The report adds that Newcastle do not fit Emenalo’s ambitious plans.
READ MORE: Howe makes bold Newcastle prediction and reveals difference victory makes
Paper Talk: Rangnick wants £50m-rated Villa man to take Pogba spot; Everton line up shock Benitez replacement
Ralf Rangnick wants to bring in Aston Villa star John McGinn to replace Paul Pogba at Old Trafford, while Sunday’s transfer gossip claims that Everton are lining up Roma boss Jose Mourinho to replace the struggling Rafa Benitez.
VILLA STAR PERFECT FOR RANGNICK STYLE
John McGinn is still on Manchester United’s radar, with new interim boss Ralf Rangnick keen on landing the outstanding Aston Villa midfielder.
United are expected to be in the market for midfield reinforcements, as doubts continue to surround the long-term futures of the likes of Paul Pogba, Jesse Lingard and Donny van de Beek.
Amadou Haidara is expected to become Rangnick’s first signing next month, but only if United pay his £32million release clause now.
England duo Kalvin Phillips and Declan Rice have both been on the club’s radar over the last 18 months. However, McGinn has once again caught the eye with his superb displays for club and country.
The Sun previously reported United’s interest back in the summer of 2019, but Villa refused to play ball at that time.
The report adds that Villa wanted £50million back then so would want even more now.
McGinn perfect for Rangnick style
McGinn currently has three-and-a-half years left to run on the deal he signed at Villa Park last December, leaving Steven Gerrard’s men in a strong position to demand whatever fee they like.
The 27-year-old has scored three goals and provided one assist in 13 Premier League games so far this term.
His ability on the ball and unbelievable work rate is said to be something that United scouts are understood to have noted. McGinn’s endless energy also makes him a perfect option for Rangnick’s high pressing style.
Any move now depends on what sort of fee Villa will demand, although they could completely bat away any bids – given the player’s contract status.
The Ralf Rangnick effect? How Man Utd’s top-four chances are changing under the German tactician
EVERTON READY TO TURN TO MOURINHO
Jose Mourinho has emerged as a potential target for Everton if they decide to pull the plug on Rafa Benitez’s reign. (Sunday Mirror)
Everton’s board is divided over the future of Benitez. But the Spaniard is safe while he still has the full backing of club owner Farhad Moshiri. (Sunday Mirror)
Borussia Dortmund chief Michael Zorc has admitted striker Erling Braut Haaland, who is rumoured to have a £75m buyout clause in his contract, can leave the club “under certain conditions”. (Sunday Mirror)
Tottenham have joined Manchester United and Newcastle in wanting to bring in winger Ousmane Dembele, whose contract with Barcelona runs out in the summer. (Mundo Deportivo)
Newcastle United have prioritised the signing of England attacking midfielder Jesse Lingard in January. They are likely to make him the club’s highest earner. (Sunday Times)
SHOCK PICKFORD EXIT A POSSIBILITY
Rafa Benitez is open to selling keeper Jordan Pickford to raise funds at Everton. However, the asking price makes that hard. (Sun on Sunday)
Amadou Haidara will become Ralf Rangnick’s first signing next month – if Manchester United pay his £32m release clause now. (Sun on Sunday) Wolves left-back Rayan Ait-Nouri is a shock £30m target for French giants Paris Saint-Germain. (Sun on Sunday) Eddie Howe wants Atletico Madrid’s Kieran Trippier plus Burnley’s Ben Mee and James Tarkowski at Newcastle. (Sun on Sunday) Manchester United have no interest in signing Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona. However, they are interested in Barca’s Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong. (El Nacional) Give our social media channels a follow – we’re on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram Mikel Arteta has insisted there is no rift between him and Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. (Mail on Sunday) Former Chelsea technical director Michael Emenalo has turned down an offer to become Newcastle United’s director of football after the club could not match his ambitious plans. (Sunday Telegraph) Leeds have agreed a deal with Espanyol to sign striker Mateo Joseph Fernandez from the Spanish club. The 18-year-old was born in Spain, but qualifies for England through his parents. (Mail on Sunday) Samuel Umtiti is one of the options being considered by AC Milan as they look to reinforce their defence following an injury to Denmark centre-back Simon Kjaer. (Sport) Yaya Toure is a phone call away from gaining a coaching role with Arsenal. (Mail on Sunday)
AND MORE TRANSFER GOSSIP
Wolves left-back Rayan Ait-Nouri is a shock £30m target for French giants Paris Saint-Germain. (Sun on Sunday)
Eddie Howe wants Atletico Madrid’s Kieran Trippier plus Burnley’s Ben Mee and James Tarkowski at Newcastle. (Sun on Sunday)
Manchester United have no interest in signing Philippe Coutinho from Barcelona. However, they are interested in Barca’s Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong. (El Nacional)
Give our social media channels a follow – we’re on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
Mikel Arteta has insisted there is no rift between him and Arsenal captain Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang. (Mail on Sunday)
Former Chelsea technical director Michael Emenalo has turned down an offer to become Newcastle United’s director of football after the club could not match his ambitious plans. (Sunday Telegraph)
Leeds have agreed a deal with Espanyol to sign striker Mateo Joseph Fernandez from the Spanish club. The 18-year-old was born in Spain, but qualifies for England through his parents. (Mail on Sunday)
Samuel Umtiti is one of the options being considered by AC Milan as they look to reinforce their defence following an injury to Denmark centre-back Simon Kjaer. (Sport)
Yaya Toure is a phone call away from gaining a coaching role with Arsenal. (Mail on Sunday)