adplus-dvertising
Connect with us

News

Parents complain about FGCs mandating students to bring items to school

Published

on

Federal Government of Nigeria FGN e1523554783775

Some parents are complaining  about the persistent demand by Federal Government Colleges in their prospectus mandating students to bring the same items every term.

The parents, who spoke with the News Agency of Nigeria in Abuja on Monday, expressed worry over the demands.

They said the same items are demanded every term.

NAN reports that at the Federal Government Colleges, Rubochi, Junior Secondary students are mandated to bring 500kg of Omo, Dettol (500ml), Izal (500ml), Jik/Hypo, broom and metallic dust pan.

Senior Secondary students of the school are also mandated to bring detergent (Omo 500g), Dettol (500ml),  Izal (500ml), Jik/Hypo, mop and air freshener.

The parents decried that the school could not have used up the items within three months of each term and they wondered why they always compelled students to bring them to school.

Auguster Okafor, a mother of three who has one of her daughters in FGC, Rubochi, Abuja, said that several complaints had been made to the school authority but nothing was done.

Okafor said: “We made our complaints known to the school authority but we have not been able to meet with them physically because since the COVID-19 started, the Parent Teachers Association meeting has not held.

“This is because physical contact has been restricted and as such we only communicate on the school’s WhatsApp platform.

“Each time any parent complained about the same prospectus given the students on the platform, the school will block such a parent that brings up the subject and allow only the admin to write or send a message.

“This is worrisome as parents cannot ask questions bothering on their dislikes about schools.”

Another parents of FGC Keffi, Anne Odeh, described the development as unacceptable as this was causing ill-feelings in among parents.

Odeh said that management of colleges should strive to achieve the purpose for which the FGCs were created.

In the same vein, a parent who pleaded anonymity said that the demand of management of the FCGs in the prospectus was always causing rancour among parents and school management.

He said that parents could no longer express their views openly on any issue affecting the school as such parents would be immediately removed from school platform.

However, when a NAN reporter visited the Ministry of Education on the issue raised by parents, a Deputy Director, Federal Unity College, who pleaded anonymity, said that the issue should be tackled by the school management.

Meanwhile, Alhaji Aliyu Adoga, PTA Chairman, FGC, Rubochi, acknowledged that parents had complained of same items in the students prospectus, saying that it was not peculiar to the school.

Adoga said that each of the 104 unity schools asked students to bring the items on the list depending on the school’s needs or peculiarities, adding that the Ministry of Education was also aware of that “this is happening in schools”.

He said: “Actually, some parents complain last term that some of these items that students are asked to bring are getting too much.

“I took it up to meet with the management of the school and the principal said it is not peculiar to FGC Rubochi but that it is from the ministry that the approval comes from.

“So there is nothing I can do in that regards as the PTA chairman but I have taken the matter up.”

NAN.

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

News

Delegates will listen to all Presidential aspirants to make decision, says Niger Gov.  

Published

on

Abubakar Sani Bello of Niger State

Governor Abubakar Sani Bello has assured that the delegates of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in the state will give listening ears to all the Presidential aspirants of the party seeking for their vote.

Governor Sani Bello gave the assurance when he accompanied the Vice President and one of the APC presidential aspirants, Prof. Yemi Osinbajo to visit the Emir of Minna, His Royal Highness, Alhaji (Dr.) Umaru Faruq Bahago for royal blessing.

The Governor noted that listening to all the aspirants would help the delegates in taking decision on who to vote for.

While presenting the presidential aspirant to the Emir,  Governor Sani Bello commended the Vice President for his contributions to nation-building, promising that a level playing ground will be given to aspirants.

Prof.  Osinbajo told the Emir that he was in Minna to interact with the delegates as they were important to actualizing  his presidential ambition. He however, explained  that he found it very important that visiting the Emir as well, to receive royal blessings.

According to him, he want to persuade the delegates to vote for him considering his over seven years of exposure and experiences in the present administration thereby giving him an advantage to serve the country.

He assured that he will make good use of  his experiences and deploy technology to resolve the insecurity bedeviling the nation as well as improve the economy.

The Emir of Minna, HRH, Alhaji( Dr.) Bahago, acknowledged the loyalty of the number two citizen in the country, as well was his commitment as well as patriotism to the growth and development of the country.

He however cautioned politicians to remember that power comes from God, hence they should commit everything to Him, urging them to join hands together to ensure a peaceful and successful elections in 2023.

Director General of Yemi Osinbajo Campaign Team, Senator Kabiru Gaya appreciated the warm reception given to them as he assured that Prof. Osinbajo will not let the people down when voted into power.

YOU SHOULD NOT MISS THESE FROM NAIJAONPOINT.COM.NG

Revealed! Details Of South-West APC Leaders Meeting With Presidential Aspirants

MORE revelations have emerged about Friday’s meeting held by South-West leaders of the All Progressives Congress (APC) with aspirants from the zone, whose main objective, was on how to avert a crisis that will create a fractured party as it prepares for primary on May 30 and 31, Sunday Tribune has reliably gathered…Oyo South: APC senatorial chairman expresses support for primary

Oyo South: APC senatorial chairman expresses support for primary

 

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Continue Reading

News

Army major, UJ Undianyede, ‘commits suicide’

Published

on

images 2022 05 19T094330.1832

Major UJ Undianyede, a former Battalion Commanding Officer who led the fight against Boko Haram in the North East, is has reportedly committed suicide.

Undianyede killed himself less than 72 hours to the verdict of a court-martial trying him for alleged military infractions during the war, sources said.

The sources who spoke to Daily Trust on Wednesday night said the Major killed himself on Monday on the premises of the Nigeria Defence Academy (NDA) in Kaduna, with his service pistol.

“I think he killed himself because of the judgment of the court-martial which has been fixed for tomorrow (today, May 19). We only learnt about his death today (Wednesday).

“In prosecuting the war, the Major with some of his colleagues allegedly committed some infractions for which he was being tried at the 1 Division in Kaduna,” one of the sources said.

Report said the offences listed against the deceased officer by the court martial in the 1 Division included misappropriation of funds, abandonment of military post, insubordination, and desertion, among others.

Another source attributed the Major’s death to post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), noting that he had been in the North East for some time battling Boko Haram terrorists.

The Major, a Course 55 Regular Officer and other members of his class, were said to be due for promotion to the rank Lieutenant Colonel this September.

When contacted, the spokesman of the Nigerian Army, Brig.-Gen. Onyema Nwachukwu, told Daily Trust that he had not been briefed.

However, the Public Relations Officer of the NDA, Major Bashir Jajira, dismissed the report, saying no officer of the academy was involved in suicide.

“No personnel of the academy was involved in suicide as reported, and in fact, our cadets are presently in Kachia for combat shooting training, they are not in the academy. So, no such training took place.”

In the same vein, the Assistant Director, Army Public Relations, 1 Division Headquarters, Kaduna, Major Musa Yahaya told Daily Trust that he was not aware of any court-martial taking place in the division as earlier reported.

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Continue Reading