Connect with us

Sports

Premier League Is Investigating Allegations That The Arsenal Bench Suffered Racist Abuse From Leeds United Fans

Published

on

3674 2449 2.64416176

The Gunners raced into a three-goal lead before half time before eventually running out 4-1 winners to make it three wins on the bounce in the Premier League.

However, shortly after the half-hour mark some Arsenal subs called over the fourth official to complain of racist abuse from the stands.

Advertisement

The Premier League has confirmed that an allegation of abuse has been made by the visitors, and that they will now investigate the complaints before deciding appropriate action.

Arsenal’s 4-1 victory came courtesy of goals from Gabriel Martinelli (2), Bukayo Saka and Emile Smith Rowe, all of whom are aged 21 or younger.

The result leaves Mikel Arteta’s side fourth in the Premier League table, whereas Leeds have now conceded 11 goals in their last two outings and are winless in their last four.

Advertisement

Sports

Howe hits Newcastle fans with transfer ‘expectations’ reality check and warning over targets

Published

on

newcastle boss eddie howe claps fans following home draw with norwich city

Newcastle manager Eddie Howe has insisted that his side’s takeover does not mean they can suddenly splash the cash to improve their squad.

This season’s January window will prove pivotal for the Magpies as they look to stay in the Premier League. Indeed, dropping down to the Championship would prove a major setback for their new regime.

Newcastle worked tirelessly before the window opened to ensure a smooth process for signing their targets. That worked to good effect initially, with Kieran Trippier arriving not long into the month.

Advertisement

The Magpies also swiftly activated striker Chris Wood’s release clause at Burnley. Both players subsequently came straight into the team for last Saturday’s 1-1 draw with Watford.

As another week in the January window has progressed, talks over a deal for Sevilla centre-back Diego Carlos have continued. Manchester United’s Jesse Lingard is also supposedly a key target.

However, Howe has insisted that Newcastle have had a “frustrating” week, with no new signings over the line.

“It’s been frustrating in the transfer market,” the manager told a press conference. “We know we are against a deadline and we’re desperately trying to improve the squad.

Advertisement

“We’re working very hard behind the scenes. It has been a fruitless search this week.”

Howe added that there is a “difficult combination” creating a perfect storm in hampering Newcastle’s transfer chances.

Coronavirus concerns are playing a key role, with clubs reluctant to lose players through fear of an outbreak and a subsequent lack of options.


When will Salah, Mahrez, Mane and the rest of AFCON Premier League players return?

Advertisement

Howe added: “I am sure the takeover has elevated people’s expectations on what Newcastle can pay other clubs.

“And add that all together it’s been a very difficult window for everybody so far. More so when you are in our position and you are keen to change the dynamics of certain situations. It’s been very difficult.”

Howe talks ideal Newcastle transfer

Newcastle are primarily after a new centre-back who can stabilise their defence.

Advertisement

The Magpies frailty at the back showed again against Watford as they failed to keep hold of a 1-0 lead. Indeed, that saw their tally of Premier League points dropped from winning positions this season go into the twenties.

On the characteristics he is looking for, Howe said: “Positivity, leadership, winning mentality – you have to try and bring those types of characters into the group.

“If you’re bringing the opposite to that, the dynamics of the group can change in a negative way…they have to be the right new players.”

Howe was speaking ahead of Newcastle’s Premier League clash against Leeds United on Saturday.

Advertisement

 

Continue Reading

Sports

Chelsea bid ‘accepted’ as Tuchel nears stellar signing in favourite position

Published

on

west brom darnell fuyrlong derby county dylan williams

Chelsea have had a bid accepted for Derby County full-back Dylan Williams, with the youngster projected to develop into an outstanding wing-back, per reports.

Tuchel wasted little time in implementing his favoured wing-backs system at Stamford Bridge. The formation has brought the best out of Reece James and Ben Chilwell and breathed new life into Marcos Alonso’s Chelsea career.

The system underpinned Chelsea’s march to Champions League glory last season. For as long as Tuchel remains at the helm, a back five is here to stay.

Advertisement

So it comes as no surprise to see Sky Sports report Chelsea have tabled a bid for Derby County’s Dylan Williams. And per the outlet, that offer has been accepted.

The 18-year-old has broken into Wayne Rooney’s young side this season on the left side. Williams has featured eight times between Championship and EFL Cup fixtures.

Williams operates primarily as a left-back, but is equally adept at playing further forward in left midfield. That could make him an ideal candidate to play at wing-back.

Indeed, Goal’s Chelsea correspondent, Nizaar Kinsella, stated that’s where Wiliams will play in the academies once a deal is completed. The Athletic backed up that notion, stating he’ll slot straight into the Under-23s.

Advertisement

Rooney admitted Derby had accepted a bid for Williams earlier on Friday.

Via the Athletic, Rooney said: “We have agreed a fee with a Premier League club for Dylan Williams. I couldn’t stand in the way of his opportunity.”

Rooney stopped short of naming the bidding club, but both the Athletic and Sky Sports have now confirmed it was Chelsea.

With their offer accepted, talks over finalising the move are now said to be at an ‘advanced stage’.

Advertisement

When will Salah, Mahrez, Mane and the rest of AFCON Premier League players return?


Tuchel reaches Malang Sarr decision

Meanwhile, Thomas Tuchel has made a call over a proposed Chelsea move that had attracted the attention of West Ham, Leicester, Newcastle and Everton, per a report.

Malang Sarr featured in Chelsea’s EFL Cup quarter final and semi-final clashes. He also started in the crunch league clash with Man City, and despite emerging on the losing end, put in a solid individual display.

It has been a remarkable upswing in fortune for the Frenchman who was pencilled in as Tuchel’s sixth-choice centre-half when the season began. However, his impressive displays and ability to also operate at left-back has seen him attract attention from wannabe suitors.

Advertisement

Leicestershire Live (citing Get French Football News) reveal the Foxes, Magpies, Toffees and Hammers are all seeking his signature this month.

A loan deal is the only possible route, while Jose Mourinho’s Roma are also keen admirers. AC Milan too have been linked after Simon Kjaer suffered a season-ending ACL injury.

However, GFFN (citing Foot Mercato), state Tuchel has ‘decided’ against sanctioning a loan exit this month.

The promise of more regular minutes elsewhere could benefit Sarr in the short term and Chelsea in the long term. However, with Covid absences a constant threat, Tuchel is unwilling to deplete his options.

Advertisement

READ MORE: ‘Welcome to reality’ – Tuchel sets Lukaku straight; talks Rudiger contract, Dembele deal

Continue Reading