- The Redmi A2+ features a rear-mounted fingerprint scanner.
- The Redmi A2 series smartphones feature a leather textured back panel.
- These offer a 5000mAh battery and support 10W charging.
Xiaomi has silently launched a couple of entry-level A-series smartphones – the Redmi A2 and the Redmi A2+. The latest A-series smartphones aren’t much different from their predecessors. Xiaomi has swapped the MediaTek Helio A22 with the MediaTek Helio G36 on the latest A-series smartphones, and that’s the only change between the latest Redmi A2 series devices and their predecessors.
The Redmi A2 and Redmi A2+ feature a 6.52-inch LCD display and offer up to 3GB of RAM. These smartphones are powered by a 5000mAh battery unit and charge over the micro USB port. The Redmi A2+ also offers a fingerprint scanner which the Redmi A2 lacks. Let us take a closer look at the Redmi A2 and Redmi A2+ price, specifications, and features.
Redmi A2 and Redmi A2+: Price and Availability
Xiaomi is yet to reveal the pricing of the Redmi A2 and Redmi A2+. As soon as the company announces the pricing, we will update the article. Xiaomi Redmi A2 and Redmi A2+ are launched in global markets (likely Europe) and there is no word on India availability of these devices.
Also read: Redmi Note 12 4G with Snapdragon 685 SoC, 120Hz AMOLED Display Launched: Price, Specifications
Redmi A2 and Redmi A2+: Specifications and Features
The Redmi A2 flaunts a 6.52-inch LCD display with an HD+ (1600 x 720 pixel) resolution, a 20:9 aspect ratio, and a waterdrop notch. Under the hood, the latest Redmi smartphone sports a MediaTek Helio G36 processor which brings with it an octa-core CPU and an IMG PowerVR GE8320 GPU. It comes paired with up to 3GB LPDDR4X RAM and up to 32GB eMMC 5.1 storage.
The Redmi A2 features a dual-rear camera setup that consists of an 8MP primary shooter, a QVGA lens, and LED flash. There is also a 5MP front shooter available for video calls and selfies. The Redmi A2 comes equipped with a 5000mAh battery unit. It supports 10W charging over a micro-USB charging port.
The Redmi A2 and Redmi A2+ come in three colour options – Light Blue, Light Green, and Black. These measure 164.9 × 76.75 × 9.09mm and weigh 192 grams. Talking about the connectivity options, the Redmi A2 series devices support Dual-SIM, 4G, 2.4GHz WiFi, Bluetooth 5.0, GPS, Glonass, and Galileo.
The Redmi A2 and Redmi A2+ come pre-loaded with Android 12 (Go Edition). These devices are the same in every aspect except for the inclusion of a fingerprint scanner on the Redmi A2+. The Redmi A2 series devices feature leather textured back panel similar to their predecessors.
What do you think of the Redmi A2 and the Redmi A2+? Do let us know in the comments section below.
... Redmi A2 and Redmi A2+ with MediaTek Helio G36 and Android 12 (Go Edition) Launched: Price, Specifications Read More on ... MySmartPrice.
- Google releases Android TV 14 Beta, skips Android 13
- NoiseFit Vortex Budget Smartwatch With Bluetooth Calling Launched: Price in India, Features
- Google Bard gets better at math, coding and Sheets export
- Apple showcases new features coming to its services this fall
- Realme 11 Pro Series India Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Livestream, Specifications and Expected PriceRealme 11 Pro Series India Launch Today: Here’s How to Watch the Livestream, Specifications and Expected Price
- Google rolls out Android 14 Beta 3 with new lock screen customization, finalized APIs