Along with the Redmi Note 12 Pro series, Xiaomi also launched the Redmi Note 12 5G smartphone in India, as it had promised. It has a 6.67″ FHD+ AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 4096 brightness levels brightness adjustment, is powered by Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 SoC with up to 6GB of RAM. It has a 13MP front camera inside the punch-hole.
At 7.98mm, this is the thinnest Note, said the company. It runs Android 12 with MIUI 13 on top, and the company has promised 2 Android OS updates and 4-year security updates for the phone.
The phone has a 48MP rear camera along with the 8MP ultra-wide camera and a 2MP macro sensor, has a side-mounted fingerprint scanner and packs a 5000mAh battery with support for 33W fast charging.
Redmi Note 12 5G specifications
- 6.67-inch FHD+ (1080×2400 pixels) Super AMOLED display with 120Hz refresh rate, 1200 nits peak brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 4 Gen 1 6nm Mobile Platform (2 GHz x 2 A78-based +1.8GHz x 6 A55-based Kryo CPUs) with Adreno GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 128GB UFS 2.2 internal storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Android 12 with MIUI 13
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 48MP rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, 8MP ultra-wide camera with f/2.2 aperture, 2MP macro camera with f/2.4 aperture, LED flash
- 13MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Side-mounted fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack
- Dimensions: 165.88×76.21×7.98mm; Weight: 188g
- Dust and Splash resistant (IP53)
- 5G SA (n1/n3/n5/n8/n28/n40/n78), NSA (n1/n3/n40/n78), Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5.1, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 5000mAh (typical) battery with 33W fast charging
Pricing and availability
The Redmi Note 12 5G comes in Frosted Green, Matte Black and Mystique Blue colours, is priced at Rs. 17,999 for the 4GB + 128GB model and the 6GB + 128GB model costs Rs. 19,999. With the bank discounts and exchange offers, the effective price is Rs. 15,499 and Rs. 17,499, respectively.
It will be available from Amazon.in, in addition to mi.com and offline stores starting from January 11th.
- Up to Rs. 1500 instant discount with ICICI Bank Cards and EMI / Exchange bonus of Rs. 1500
- Additional Rs. 1000 off on exchange of existing Xiaomi/Mi and Redmi smartphones