adplus-dvertising
Press "Enter" to skip to content

Remaining Venezuelan migrants expected to leave Joint Base Cape Cod this week


BARNSTABLE – The office of Massachusetts Governor Charlie Baker said the remaining Venezuelan migrants at Joint Base Cape Cod are expected to leave the facility this week.

Last month, 49 migrants were flown to Martha’s Vineyard. They were later transferred to Joint Base Cape Cod where they received housing and other services.

Florida Governor Ron DeSantis has taken credit for flying the migrants to Martha’s Vineyard. He has been named in a class-action lawsuit in the case.

The woman who allegedly helped arrange for migrants to flee from Texas to Martha’s Vineyard has been identified by UKTN and the New York Times as Perla Huertaa former combat medic and counterintelligence agent who was fired last month after serving in the US military for 20 years.

Baker’s office said Tuesday that there are currently 35 individuals and family members at the facility. Fourteen people have already left for other accommodation.

“The remaining residents are expected to leave JBCC this week as additional temporary housing options are completed,” the Baker administration said in a statement.

“We are incredibly grateful to so many of our partners who have stepped up to help the people sheltering Joint Base Cape Cod,” said Acting MEMA Director Dawn Brantley. “I would like to especially thank the professionals at Father Bill’s & MainSpring for the tremendous expertise and compassion they have brought to this response. Their team has worked hard from day one to ensure day-to-day operations and service went smoothly. We are lucky and very grateful to have them on this team.”

.

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Spread the love