South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) Scholarship 2022 – Apply Now
SANRAL’s investment model for skills starts with development and support through their scholarship programme. This year, scholarships are available to all high school learners, i.e. from Grade 8 to Grade 12, irrespective of subject choice.
These scholarships will be awarded to learners who aspire for all-around academic excellence, are South African citizens, and have an overall aggregate of 60%. The scholarships are granted based on academic merit and financial need.
What The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) Scholarship Covers
Depending on the outcome of the Means Test, the scholarship will cover the following in full: registration, school fees, hostel, school and sports uniform, stationery, transport, and books.
- Tuition costs will be paid directly to the school on the submission of school fees statements.
- School and sports uniforms, books, and stationery costs will be reimbursed to parents on receipt of an original proof of payment which should be submitted with a claim form.
- Where a full scholarship is awarded, scholarship holders are not allowed to have any other funding that covers their school fees.
All applications will be subjected to a Means Test which is a formula that is applied to determine the amount of financial assistance provided by SANRAL. Depending on the outcome of the Means Test, a family contribution may have to be made.
- The learner must be a South African citizen registered at an endorsed South African school.
- The learner must be in high school, Grade 8 to 12, irrespective of subject choice.
- The learner must meet the minimum requirement of a 60% overall average.
- The scholarship application must be completed in full.
- All supporting documents must be enclosed.
Benefits Of The South African National Roads Agency (SANRAL) Scholarship
- Learner Support Programme to help learners prepare for intense studying and academic success.
- Holistic support that includes career information and guidance in their desired fields of study.
- Psychological counseling, career coaching, extra classes, and exam preparation based on a learner needs assessment.
How To Apply
All applicants must follow the scholarship application procedure outlined in the application form to be considered for the scholarship.
The scholarship award is subject to positive verification of the applicant’s credentials as provided in the application. Opening date: 1 June 2022
Closing date: 30 September 2022 SANRAL reserves the right to forego processing any applications from applicants who do not follow the application procedure outlined in the application form. SANRAL also reserves the right to decline applications from a designated group once the target for that group has been reached.