adplus-dvertising
Press "Enter" to skip to content

Suspect arrested for third murder in Lucerne Valley within a week; other issues still not resolved

Alberto Gallegos, 48-year-old Lucerne Valley resident, was detained Sunday on charges of murder and contempt of court for violating a protective order.

San Bernardino County Sheriff’s detectives arrested a man last Friday for a suspected murder that marked the third fatal shooting in less than a week for the unincorporated High Desert community.

Alberto Gallegos, 48-year-old Lucerne Valley resident, was held Sunday at the central detention center in San Bernardino on charges of murder with $1 million bail and contempt of court for violating a protective order with bail. $25,000, according to county booking information. He was due to appear in Victorville Court on Monday at 8:30 a.m. for the alleged contempt and at 12:30 p.m. Monday in San Bernardino for the alleged murder.

Investigators at Sheriff’s Victor Valley Station arrested Gallegos within a day of finding a man, whom the department has not identified because his next of kin have not yet been notified, shot to death at a house on the 31800 block of Bumpkin Road in Lucerne Valley. , according to a sheriff’s release Sunday.

Deputies responded to a call about the murder at 8:43 p.m. Friday. “When officers arrived, they found a man who had been shot,” the press release said. “The medical staff also responded and eventually declared the victim dead.”

Detectives from the Sheriff’s Special Homicide Division took over the investigation and identified Gallegos as their suspect in less than a day.

Around 6 p.m. Saturday, a sheriff’s SWAT team “located and detained Gallegos during a traffic stop,” the release said. His booking information indicates that the traffic stop occurred at 655 E Third St. in San Bernardino.

It was the second murder case opened in Lucerne Valley by the sheriff’s detectives in less than a week.

The Sheriff’s Department said it found two men shot to death near Planet Road and Camp Rock Road on Sept. 24: Homero Segundovillasenor, 30, a resident of Lucerne Valley, and Jose Segundomoreno, 53, a resident of Hemet.

Investigators still have not identified a suspect in those murders.

“We have not received any additional information regarding the other case,” a sheriff’s spokesman said in an email to the Daily Press on Sunday. “As there is more information to release, an updated press release will be issued.”

Charlie McGee covers California’s High Desert for the Daily Press, focusing on the town of Barstow and surrounding communities. He is also a member of the Report for America Corps at The GroundTruth Project, an independent, non-partisan, nonprofit news organization dedicated to supporting the next generation of journalists in the US and worldwide. McGee can be reached at 760-955-5341 or [email protected] Follow him on Twitter @bycharliemcgee.

This article originally appeared on Victorville Daily Press: Suspect arrested for third murder in Lucerne Valley in less than a week

WATCH NOW

DOWNLOAD NOW

Spread the love