adplus-dvertising
Today News

Tinubu, Gov Idris, Meet In Aso Rock Over Rising Insecurity

Nasir Idris e1689458002959.webp

The Governor of Kebbi State, Nasir Idris, has met with President Bola Tinubu at the Presidential Villa, Abuja, to discuss lingering security challenges and development initiatives in the state.

The Special Adviser on New Media to the Governor, Aliyu Bandado, in a statement, said that Idris provided a detailed briefing on the ongoing insecurity in parts of Kebbi State and shared the methods used to protect citizens.

He stated that the governor expressed his gratitude to the President for the swift action that led to the safe release of the 24 schoolgirls abducted from Government Girls Comprehensive Secondary School (GGCS) Maga, last week by armed bandits.

The meeting also focused on proactive steps and federal collaboration to combat insecurity in the state, including strengthened intelligence sharing, rapid response strategies, and joint operations between state and federal security agencies.

President Tinubu commended Governor Idris’s proactive approach to security management and assured him of the continued support of the federal government to accelerate progress in Kebbi State.

The governor was accompanied by the Minister of Budget and Economic Planning, Senator Abubakar Atiku Bagudu.

Meanwhile, the Kebbi State Government on Wednesday disclosed how Governor Nasir Idris swung into action to secure the release of 24 schoolgirls abducted from Maga.

Naijaonpoint recalls that students of Government Girls Community Secondary School, Maga, were kidnapped on November 17, 2025.

The Commissioner for Information and Culture, Ahmed Yakubu, said the abduction “sent shockwaves throughout Nigeria and beyond,” noting that initial public anxiety was tied to previous long-drawn rescue outcomes.

Speaking on the matter, Yakubu recounted the governor’s immediate response, describing it as fearless and urgent.

The November 17 abduction sent shockwaves throughout Nigeria and beyond, bringing back haunting memories of the Borno State school kidnapping where the fate of the girls had lingered for years,” he said in his official briefing.

Governor Idris, at the time of the abduction, had cancelled a significant engagement in Abuja and travelled straight to Maga to meet the families.

Yakubu said the governor remained calm despite the pressure, leading communications across institutions and communities.

He added that the governor personally contacted stakeholders across Nigeria, communicated with stakeholders, urging immediate involvement by agencies, and repeatedly emphasised that the abducted kids must be returned physically and safely “without ransom.”

The state government also raised questions over the withdrawal of troops previously positioned at the school around 3:00 a.m., attackers struck around 45 minutes after, and tragically resulted in the loss of two lives.

The Commissioner confirmed that all 24 schoolgirls were freed unharmed eight days after

The state government described the rescue as “A product of decisive leadership, courage, and swift action.”

He addressed fears around abuse, pregnancies and forced marriages reported in prior incidents, stressing that the 24 girls were “returned safely, physically and unharmed,” confirming that “no ransom was offered,” reversing conspiratorial narratives earlier amplified online.

Security synergy was repeatedly emphasised by Commissioner Yakubu and the multinational task force, which included Nigerian personnel already stationed at deployment theatres.

Yakubu acknowledged support received from President Bola Tinubu, the military, and clerics for roles “directly or indirectly.”

The state government also said it remains grateful for the safe return of the Maga girls and that their education will continue without disruption.


© 2025 Naijaonpoint, a division of NOP Media Inc. Contact us via [email protected]