Today, June 23, 2022 on update on Bola Tinubu, NAIJAONPOINT looks at the latest activities, news on the presidential candidate of the All Progressives Congress, Bola Ahmed Tinubu.
This segment highlights some of his activities, commentaries and opinions on the APC presidential candidate.
1. A 51-year-old man, Alhaji Usman Madaki, who is trekking from Bauchi to Lagos to celebrate the victory of Sen. Ahmed Tinubu as the 2023 flagbearer of the All Progressives Congress (APC), has arrived Ilorin on Tuesday night.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that Madaki later left Ilorin, the Kwara capital, on Wednesday morning.
2. Think Tinubu Movement has congratulated the National Leader All Progressives Congress (APC), Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu on his victory at the recently concluded APC Presidential Primary election.
3. According to the National Coordinator, Chief Segun Balogun Afolorunikan, it is crystal clear that Asiwaju is the man the cap fits. He said it is evident on the track records that Tinubu is a man of the people, ‘a unifier, national icon, detribalized, focused, nation builder, visionary strategist and above all, a lover of humanity.’
4. The Coalition of Northern Groups (CNG) on Tuesday restated its neutrality towards the decision of the presidential standard bearers of the All Progressives Congress, Asiwaju Bola Tinubu, and the Peoples Democratic Party, Atiku Abubakar; declaring that it remained indifferent to their choice of running mates.
The organisation’s Director, Strategic Communications, Mr Samaila Musa, who stated this at a press briefing in Abuja, while reacting to insinuations of an alleged attack on Governor Ifeanyi Okowa as the PDP vice presidential candidate, said its interest in the country’s political leadership remained altruistic.
5. A former Minister of Aviation and chieftain of the All Progressives Congress (APC), Femi Fani-Kayode, has given the condition under which he can leave the ruling party and tackle Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu, its Presidential Candidate.
He said this in a Facebook post while commenting on the stance he took against Tinubu in the past.
6. Over 40 support groups in Nasarawa State have agreed to come together for Bola Tinubu’s presidential campaign.
Also, supporters of the late Abubakar Audu in Kogi State are already regrouping with the aim of realising the life ambition of the All Progressives Congress (APC) presidential flagbearer.
7. State Elders Council, yesterday, pledged to support the presidential candidate of All Progressives Congress (APC), Bola Tinubu, and all candidates of the party in the 2023 general election.
It also congratulated the National Executive Committee (NEC) of the party for a peaceful national convention which produced a capable presidential candidate for the party.
8. Imo Governor Hope Uzodimma on Wednesday said the All Progressives Congress (APC) is already heading for victory in the 2023 general election with its rancour-free primary that produced Asiwaju Bola Ahmed Tinubu as the presidential candidate.
9. The Governor, who spoke to newsmen at the Sam Mbakwe International Cargo Airport, Owerri amid rousing reception by supporters, said with what transpired at the presidential primary “the APC remains the Party to beat in the 2023 general election.”