Connect with us

Sports

Tuchel’s team selection has Barcelona ‘concerned’ over Chelsea transfer raids

Published

on

Thomas.Tuchel.Football.Manager 1

‘Concern has been aroused’ at Barcelona over two Chelsea players that new Camp Nou boss Xavi has his eye on, according to a report.

Barcelona are in need of attacking reinforcements in January and Raheem Sterling is believed to be on Xavi’s wanted list. Man City though are understood to be refusing to play ball with Barca over the England man’s availability and as such Barca are looking for alternatives.

Two of those other options are believed to be Timo Werner and Hakim Ziyech. In fact Sport, via Sport Witness, state the LaLiga side are “already very clear the most viable option goes through Chelsea”.

Advertisement

ESPN claimed last week that Xavi had placed the Blues pair on his list of targets. And now the Spanish outlet report  “new contacts” between the two clubs have been made.

However, there was some slight concern when both players started in the recent draw with Manchester United.

Ziyech, 28, had only made two Premier League starts before getting the nod against United. While Werner, 25, led the line for the first time in six weeks.

The fact that Thomas Tuchel started both players has “aroused some concern” in Spain. But Chelsea are “totally open” to talks about the pair departing, as long as the financial conditions are “acceptable”.

Advertisement

Whether Tuchel was putting the pair in the shop window and giving them a final chance to stake a claim remains unclear. But Chelsea are even ready to offer the pair on a loan deal.


Subscribe for free to TEAMtalk’s daily newsletter…


Ziyech is important, says Chelsea boss

Marina Granovskaia is understood to be ready to pay part of the pair’s wages if Barca pursue a loan deal with the option to make it permanent next summer.

 

Advertisement

Publicly Tuchel said recently that Ziyech remains a vital part of his plans. The Chelsea boss told the Evening Standard: “At the moment here in Cobham there are no thoughts about his future.

“There are no thoughts about a potential change, swap deal or whatever in the winter. I have talked to nobody about that here in Cobham.

“Hakim was not in my office expressing a wish like this so right now. He is a full member of the squad.

“And he is an important guy, a very talented guy, a very ambitious guy, and he’s a full part of our squad. He was last season, he is this season and we expect the very best of him all the time.”

Advertisement

READ MORE: Tuchel aims contract warning at ‘perfect fit’ Chelsea star; slams summer transfer report

Sports

Tottenham bid in as Antonio Conte looks to hijack Man Utd, Liverpool deals for €45m Porto sensation

Published

on

luis diaz battles pierre kalulu during porto vs ac milan champions league

Tottenham are reportedly looking to secure the signing of Porto attacker Luis Diaz before the January window shuts, despite strong interest from Manchester United and Liverpool.

The Premier League trio are all chasing the player dubbed ‘the Colombian Cristiano Ronaldo’, although United and Liverpool are yet to make official bids. That has left the door open for Spurs to strike, as Antonio Conte looks to bring in at least three players before the end of the month.

Pedro Sepulveda of Portuguese outlet SIC Noticias reports that the 25-year-old is subject of a €45million bid from the north London side.

Advertisement

Tottenham have reportedly given Porto 48 hours to respond to the offer.

Daniel Levy has typically gone in with a lowball offer, with Diaz valued closer to €60m earlier this window.

But the report adds that Spurs are actually considering breaking their transfer record to sign the forward.

Tanguy Ndombele stills holds that honour, although the playmaker could be on his way out before January 31.

Advertisement

Diaz has scored 64 goals in 275 career appearances and has netted an impressive 16 times already this term.


The five most powerful players in world football – Kylian Mbappe, Erling Haaland, Dusan Vlahovic…


Tottenham open talks over Sevilla swap deal

Meanwhile, Tottenham have opened talks with Sevilla about a potential swap deal to sign Newcastle centre-back target Diego Carlos, according to a report.

The Magpies have long had interest in a deal for the Brazil international. Following additions at full-back and up top with Kieran Trippier and Chris Wood, defence is a priority.

Advertisement

And Newcastle have held several rounds of talks with Sevilla about a deal for Carlos.

The Daily Mail now reports that the Magpies’ current offer is £32million. However, the La Liga club want £40million.

It remains unclear whether Eddie Howe’s side will stump up the rest of the money Sevilla want for their star man.

Advertisement

According to Football Insider, though, the delay has allowed Tottenham to garner hope of snapping Carlos up.

Indeed, they have opened ‘preliminary’ talks over a player-plus-cash deal which they hope Sevilla will accept.

Reports have claimed that Spurs are willing to let Giovani Lo Celso leave before the transfer deadline. The Argentine is alongside Tanguy Ndombele and Dele Alli as being a player who could leave Tottenham this month.

Lo Celso could head back to Spain

And Football Insider claims that Spurs could offer Lo Celso to Sevilla for Carlos in a part-exchange deal.

Advertisement

The report adds that the fact that Tottenham are an ‘established’ top-six club could give them an advantage.

While they are pushing for a top-four place, Newcastle are fighting against relegation.

Carlos, 28, moved to Sevilla from French club Nantes in 2019. Since then, the six-cap Brazil international has racked up over 120 appearances.

Lo Celso, meanwhile, has only played nine Premier League games this term, starting only twice.

Advertisement

READ MORE: Paratici makes contact for Portugal midfielder

 

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Sports

West Ham ramp up double move with wantaway Liverpool star phase one

Published

on

Nat Phillips 1

Nat Phillips has let Liverpool know of his desire to leave in this window, and is being targeted by West Ham as part of a double move this week, per a report.

The centre-half, 24, has slid down the pecking order this season. Nat Phillips answered the call last season when Liverpool’s campaign threatened to unravel amid a spate of injuries in defence.

Rhys Williams and loanee Ozan Kabak played their part, but Phillips became the main man at the back, helping to steer Liverpool towards vital Champions League qualification.

Advertisement

But the signing of Ibrahima Konate and the return of their injured stars has seen Phillips marginalised this year. He is yet to play a single minute in the Premier League this campaign. As such, talk of a January exit began to swirl.

Jurgen Klopp stated Liverpool had no plans to sanction any loans this month. It appears a permanent exit is Phillips’ only route out.

West Ham emerged as a contender to to sign Nat Phillips after Angelo Ogbonna suffered a serious ACL injury.

Now, according to the Evening Standard, the Hammers are preparing to ramp up their pursuit.

Advertisement

They state Davis Moyes will ‘step up’ West Ham’s efforts to land both a centre-back and striker this month.

Phillips would fit the bill in the first regard, and ‘remains a target’ for Moyes. What’s more, the outlet state Phillips is now open to moving away with more regular minutes elsewhere seemingly on his mind. In the article’s words, Phillips ‘has expressed a desire to leave for regular football this month’.

Liverpool won’t stand in Phillips’ way if their demands are met. The Reds are understood to be seeking around £15m for his signature.

Advertisement

Adding further fuel to the fire is Liverpool’s decision to recall Rhys Williams from his loan spell at Swansea. The Welshman would fill the role of fifth-choice centre-half if Phillips were to leave.

Marseille’s Duje Caleta-Car is an alternative Hammers target, though that deal is unlikely this month.

West Ham eye Championship hotshot

Also on West Ham’s agenda is bolstering their firepower in the final third. The club have never replaced Sebastien Haller, leaving just Michail Antonio as their sole recognised centre-forward.

Blackburn’s red-hot striker Ben Brereton Diaz is on their radar. However, the striker is currently in South America on international duty with Chile.

Advertisement

That will ensure any late West Ham move this week will have an extra hurdle to overcome.

Brereton Diaz has plundered 20 goals in the second tier this season and would reportedly command a £28m fee.


Can Roy Hodgson keep Watford up? Analysing his first 18 games at Liverpool, Fulham and Crystal Palace


Hammers ace the perfect Salah replacement

Meanwhile, Klopp has been told that only one player has the necessary qualities to replace Mohamed Salah at Anfield if the Egyptian end up departing this summer, and he plays for West Ham.

Advertisement

Salah is said to be asking for £400,000 in weekly wages to sign another contract on Merseyside. That would make him the club’s highest paid player ever by a considerable margin. Understandably, progress on the new deal front has been slow thus far given the scale of commitment required.

Now, speaking on talkSPORT,  Tony Cascarino reckons West Ham’s Jarrod Bowen is displaying the ideal qualities Klopp would target if Salah departed the Reds.

“I actually thought, if we lost Mo Salah, who could we logically go after?” the boyhood Reds fan asked.

“Well, the lad Bowen at West Ham ticks all those boxes. He’s tenacious, he chases everything and is decent technically, but not extraordinary.

Advertisement

“I keep thinking who would fit into that Liverpool frontline because Klopp loves those kinds of players in wide areas, who will chase and hassle players. He does all the ugly things for his team, and will always get chances.”

READ MORE: Liverpool give Gerrard no-nonsense transfer answer as Klopp steps in on Aston Villa raid

Advertisement
Continue Reading