The UN Sustainable Development Solutions Network Youth Initiative (SDSN Youth) is recruiting its 2022 cohort of Local Pathways Fellowship to recognize youth as a critical actor in attaining the Sustainable Development Goals and to build on the success of previous cohorts of the Local Pathways Fellows.
The Local Pathways Fellowship aims to provide a platform for young leaders, as well as a framework for action and connections to leading development experts and practitioners:
Provide them with a framework for engaging with local stakeholders; guide and enlighten their work on current and future projects; and assist them in developing insights into local sustainable development concerns.
Facilitate mutual learning and urban solution exchange;
Assist them in becoming local advocates for sustainable development by promoting and advocating for discussion and problem-solving.
The fellows will embark on a 10-month journey during which they will look for methods to “localize” the globally adopted goals and targets, share information and ideas, and work to involve local stakeholders in a debate about how to make the future better for their fellow citizens.
- Candidates must be between the ages of 18 and 30 at the time of application (exceptions may apply); Candidates must be based in the same city for the duration of the Fellowship (February to November 2022);
- Candidates must be able to communicate well in both English and the native language of the cities they represent.
- Candidates must show a strong dedication to the concept of sustainable development as well as a thorough comprehension of it.
- Candidates must be able to commit an average of 5-7 hours per week to the program.
- Candidates must be able to maintain a steady internet connection.
- A year of professional or academic experience in development practice, urban planning, community involvement and advocacy, or a related field;
- A major asset would be a demonstrated background in research, development practice, advocacy, or a related profession.
How to Apply for the Pathways Fellowship 2022
Applications for the 2022 Local Pathways Fellowship will be accepted until 11:59 p.m. on November 21, 2021. (Eastern Standard Time). By January 24, 2021, the selected fellows will be notified, and the Fellowship will commence on February 1, 2021.
To apply, please click here.
Local Pathways Fellowship has further information.
Source: Naijaonpoint Media
NaijaOnPoint Media is a trained journalist, researcher, creative writer, content creator, video editor and freelancer. He studied Mass Communication at the Lagos State Polytechnic, Ikorodu, where he acquired requisite training for the practice of journalism. He loves the media. His interest mostly lies in the print medium where his creative writing skill makes him a perfect fit.