The University of Ibadan (UI) is now taking applications for its 201/2022 academic session scholarship scheme from students with physical limitations.
The University of Ibadan Postgraduate College is happy to announce a Scholarship Scheme for Students Living with Physical Disabilities for the 2021/2022 academic session, and to invite interested Master’s degree and PhD students of the University of Ibadan to apply for an award.
The University of Ibadan is located in Ibadan, Nigeria (UI)
In Ibadan, Nigeria, the Institution of Ibadan is a public research university. The institution began in 1948 as University College Ibadan, one of the University of London’s several colleges. It is Nigeria’s oldest degree-awarding institution, having become an independent university in 1963.
UI’s Purpose and Benefits Scholarships for Postgraduate Students
The award entails the following:
- Tuition and all other Postgraduate College-related fees are waived.
- It also comes with a monthly stipend, which is subject to periodic evaluation by ...graduate College.
- The award is valid for three semesters for Master’s students and one academic session for PhD students in the first instance, renewable for a maximum of two academic sessions in the second instance.
- Annual award renewal for PhD students is contingent on ...graduate College receiving good assessment reports from the candidate’s supervisor and the Head of Department at the end of each academic session.
Qualifications for the UI Postgraduate Scholarship
Candidates must meet the following requirements in order to be considered:
- Have been diagnosed with a physical disability by a physician (visual impairment, hearing impairment, paralysis, etc.)
- Have been accepted into the University of Ibadan for postgraduate studies.
- They must have good honours degrees (Master’s students must have a minimum of Second Class Upper division or equivalent).
- PhD students must also have a Master’s degree in any academic discipline from any university recognized by the Senate of the University of Ibadan (minimum of 5.0 cumulative grade point average or equivalent).
- Candidates who are currently enrolled in another scholarship program are not eligible to apply.
Required Documents for the Application
- Candidates interested in being considered for a Scholarship should submit the following documents:
- An application form, available on ...graduate College website (https://pgcollege.ui.edu.ng), duly filled out by the applicant and signed by the Head of Department and Dean of Faculty.
- Copies of the certificates that the candidates have acquired.
- Registration Proof for the 2021/2022 Session. (Please note that evidence of registration for the 2021/2022 session is required before any successful applicant receives a letter of award.)
- PhD student applicants must submit a research proposal/project summary of between 5 and 10 pages. This should include a clear statement of the goal of the work to be done or that is already being done, its justification, the significance of the study in comparison to existing literature, the methodology, and the expected results. Candidates are highly urged to list the novel contributions to knowledge that they anticipate their research will make.
- The proposal should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing. The typescript paper should be A4 in size, with a left margin of 2.0cm and a right margin of 1.8cm, except for the top of the first page of the proposal, which should be 5.0cm above the headings. Only use one side of the paper at a time. The research proposal must be submitted in three copies.
- Letter of Commitment from the Candidate: A one-page letter from the applicant confirming his or her willingness to submit a report of between 5,000 and 10,000 words as a result of the scholarship research.
How to Apply
Within six weeks of the date of this release, all applications must be submitted in the Provost’s Office at ...graduate College.
Click here for additional information.
Source: Naijaonpoint Media