Connect with us

Gossips

Zendaya Jokes That Tom Holland Will Play Spider-Man Until He’s 34

Published

on

SpiderMan165770

While nothing’s been confirmed, it’s clear that many are excited about the prospect of Tom Holland continuing to play Peter Parker in the Marvel Cinematic Universe even beyond “Spider-Man: No Way Home.”

“I think it’s 12 now?” Holland joked when asked how many more Spider-Man films he’s signed on for. 

“I could have sworn it was 34,” said Jacob Batalon, who plays Peter’s best friend Ned in “No Way Home.”

Advertisement

“No, it’s until he’s 34,” said Zendaya, who plays MJ, Peter’s girlfriend.

She also commented on how much of her character’s arc she knew about when she joined the franchise.

“I kinda knew that the character would start off small and grow. But I did not know how it would grow. I did not know the things they were gonna through. I definitely didn’t see Spider-Man’s identity being known to the world,” she said. “But it really opened up so many more possibilities.”

“I was pretty shocked,” Holland added. “I was also pretty worried. I care a lot about Peter Parker and I know that his identity being revealed would be a bad thing for him, so I was worried about it, but equally excited at the challenge and the prospects of what might come along with that idea.”

Advertisement

At the Los Angeles premiere of the film on Monday, several producers shared a similar sense of excitement.

“You know what? As long as [Holland] wants to make ‘Spider-Man’ movies, we will make ‘Spider-Man’ movies. If I have my way, we will,” said producer Amy Pascal, following up on her comments last month that there were plans for three more films, despite that Marvel and Sony have yet to officially announce any sequels. 

“I will confirm that my dear sister in arms, Amy, is a very optimistic person. Nothing has been determined, but on the other hand, everything is still possible,” said Tom Rothman, CEO of Sony Pictures.

“God bless, Amy. I’m in. Let’s go. I’m ready to go,” said executive producer Victoria Alonso. “If Amy said three movies with Tom Holland, she’s the boss. If the world works out that he does, he does.”

Advertisement

Gossips

Sam Raimi Explains His ‘Spider-Man: No Way Home’ Feelings, Reveals Whether ‘Doctor Strange 2’ Is Finished Filming

Published

on

3 Split 8

Sam Raimi, the director of Columbia Pictures’ original “Spider-Man” trilogy starring Tobey Maguire, has spoken out about watching his original cast reprise their roles in last year’s “Spider-Man: No Way Home.”

In an exclusive interview with Variety while promoting the Oscar-shortlisted film “You’re Dead Hélène,” a live-action horror short film produced by Raimi, the director discussed seeing Maguire, Willem Dafoe and Alfred Molina take up their iconic characters once again.

“It was so much fun,” Raimi said. “I love ‘No Way Home’ and the audience I was with went crazy. It was delightful to watch Alfred play his role, and Willem Dafoe, just seeing these guys take it to the next level. And Tobey was awesome as always. The best word I can say is it was refreshing for me.”

Advertisement

The superhero film shows Maguire battling with many of his greatest foes, including Norman Osborn a.k.a. Green Goblin (Dafoe) and Otto Octavius a.k.a. Doctor Octopus (Molina), The success of “Spider-Man: No Way Home” is undeniable, as the uniting of three Peter Parkers — Maguire, Tom Holland, Andrew Garfield — across three iterations of the web-slinging superhero has continued to rack up returns at the box office. In its sixth week of release, the Sony comic book sequel has grossed an impressive $721 million at the domestic box office, currently sitting as the fourth-highest grossing domestic release of all-time behind “Avatar” (2009), “Avengers: Endgame” (2019) and “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” (2015).

“Spider-Man” (2002) and “Spider-Man 2” (2004) both grossed over $400 million at the box office respectively. The first film was nominated for two Oscars — best sound and visual effects — while the sequel won visual effects, in addition to two nods for sound mixing and sound editing.

In terms of Raimi’s next directorial project, the sequel to “Doctor Strange,” the filmmaker wasn’t as willing to reveal details. He did share an uncertainty if the film was done filming, responding to reports that the Benedict Cumberbatch-starring sequel faced “significant reshoots” back in November.

“I wish I knew the answer to that question,” Raimi said, responding to the question of whether the movie was complete. “I think we’re done, but we just cut everything. We’re just starting to test the picture and we’ll find out if there’s anything that’s got to be picked up. If something’s unclear or another improvement I can make in this short amount of time left, I’ll do it. One thing I know about the Marvel team is they won’t stop. They’ll keep pushing it until it’s as close to being great as it could.”

Advertisement

Raimi also emphasized the positive experience he has had working with Marvel Studios and its head Kevin Feige.

“Marvel’s been a great team to work with,” Raimi continued. “I think that was a not-surprising surprise. I’ve been super-supported by the whole Marvel operations, starting at the top with Kevin Feige, and working all the way down to the crews that they work with. [They’re] super professional and have supported me every step of the way.”

“Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness” is scheduled to be released in theaters on May 6, 2022.

Advertisement
Continue Reading

Gossips

Bradley Cooper Says Replacing Leonardo DiCaprio in ‘Nightmare Alley’ Exposed His Insecurities

Published

on

Bradley Cooper Nightmare Alley

Bradley Cooper earned rave reviews for his lead performance in Guillermo del Toro’s “Nightmare Alley,” but the eight-time Oscar nominee was not necessarily the director’s first choice for the job. It was Leonardo DiCaprio, who del Toro originally cast in the role of Stanton Carlisle, a drifter and con artist who rises from lowly carnival worker to a renowned mentalist. Speaking to Mahershala Ali as part of Variety’s “Actors on Actors” series, presented by Amazon Studios, Cooper opened up about replacing DiCaprio and how not being first choice exposed his own insecurities.

“‘Nightmare Alley’ was an interesting example of how insecure I am,” Cooper said. “I was like, ‘Oh, I guess I still am the guy that wants to be in the group,’ because I had no intention of acting in anything other than what I’ve been writing. Leonardo DiCaprio fell out, and Guillermo del Toro came to me. I still remember thinking, ‘Oh wow, the guys that don’t hire me, they want to hire me?’ And then it was like, ‘Of course, I have to do it just because I’ve never been allowed into that group.’ It was insecurity and ego.”

Cooper continued, “Thankfully, it wound up being an incredible experience. And that was very interesting to me to play a character, Stanton Carlisle, who has clearly been traumatized as a kid, has no parental foundation, has no foundation for love, intimacy, real connection, and he just is surviving off of a gratification and a desperate need to find out who he is.”

Advertisement

“In this movie, a lot of things happened on the day,” Cooper added. “It felt like Stanton taught Guillermo and I about where this exploration into humanity could go. It was terrifying for both Guillermo and myself because of that; it was really going into the unknowing. The whole movie leads towards the end, where finally someone tells him who he is.”

Cooper’s decision to star in “Nightmare Alley” paid off in raves for the actor, with Variety’s Peter Debruge writing in his review that the actor “delivers another terrific, tragic turn” in the film. Watch Cooper and Ali’s full conversation as part of Variety’s “Actors on Actors” in the video below.

Advertisement
Continue Reading