The anti-graft agency, Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), has told a Lagos High Court, Ikeja division, that it possessed no documentary or forensic evidence backing claims that Jude Okoye and his twin brother, Paul, fraudulently withdrew $800,000 belonging to the defunct music group, P-Square.
The allegation traces to a 2024 petition by Peter Okoye, who accused Jude and Paul Okoye of fund diversion and secretly operating 47 undisclosed bank accounts, while manipulating the shareholding structure of Northside Entertainment Ltd.
Naijaonpoint reports that following the petition, the commission filed financial misconduct charges against Jude, linking them to the management of the P-Square brand.
Under cross-examination, EFCC counsel, M.K. Bashir, told Justice Rahman Oshodi that the commission could not produce proof for the alleged $800,000 withdrawal.
Pressed by the court to substantiate the claim, Bashir replied: “We do not have it. It is his evidence. Let him prove it. I can’t give what I don’t have.”
He further denied holding proof of the alleged 47 bank accounts, adding, “It is one of NAIJAONPOINT ’s claims, but I do not have such a copy.”
Peter had earlier testified on May 23, 2025, that he obtained fresh proof showing Jude and Paul withdrew and shared over $800,000 between March 2023 and October 2024.
However, when confronted with discrepancies by defence counsel, Clement Onwuenwunor, SAN, Peter revised the timeline, claiming the withdrawal occurred between 2013 and 2014. Onwuenwunor urged the court to order Peter and EFCC to produce evidence of the 47 accounts.
The judge, however, struck down the request, ruling that the defence must file a formal motion, as the documents were not part of the court record or the admitted evidence.
The defence also challenged Peter’s assertion that Jude owned 80% stake in Northside Entertainment.
Peter insisted he had evidence, but the defence counter-tendered Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC) extracts contradicting the claim, including official records from the CAC.
Peter told the court he became aware of Northside Entertainment only in 2024, when singer Cynthia Morgan shared her artist contract via Jude, bearing the company’s letterhead.
He clarified that while Cynthia signed under Northside Music, her albums were later credited to Northside Inc and Northside Inc. (US operations), including releases catalogued under Inc and Inc US branches.
Justice Oshodi adjourned the case to December 12, 2025, for the continuation of trial proceedings and final document production arguments.
© 2025 Naijaonpoint, a division of NOP Media Inc. Contact us via [email protected]
