The Kaduna State Government has rejected a recent report ranking the state among those with the highest cases of kidnapping in Nigeria, describing it as ‘false, mischievous and irresponsible.’
The government insisted that security has improved under Governor Uba Sani’s administration, crediting what it called the Kaduna Peace Model for restoring peace in many troubled communities.
Naijaonpoint reports that the rebuttal followed a report attributed to SB Morgen (SBM), a Lagos-based geopolitical research and consulting firm, which claimed that no fewer than 629 people were abducted in Kaduna between July 2024 and June 2025.
In a statement on Thursday, signed by the Commissioner-Designate for Information, Malam Ahmed Maiyaki, the government dismissed the figures as fabricated.
“The publication by SB Morgen alleging that 629 persons were abducted within the period is false and mischievous. It is a figment of the imagination of its authors, orchestrated to discredit the Kaduna Peace Model,” the statement read.
‘Kaduna Peace Model Restoring Confidence’ – Govt States
According to the government, the model, initiated by Governor Uba Sani, has been endorsed by security agencies and community leaders as a success story.
“It is on record that the Kaduna Peace Model has led to the successful return of peace and security to flashpoints across the state and the recovery of over 500,000 hectares of arable land previously deserted,” Maiyaki stated.
The government added that farmers have returned to their farmlands, while the livestock markets in Birnin Gwari and Giwa LGAs, which were shut for more than a decade due to insecurity, have been reopened, boosting local economic activities.
Providing further updates, the Commissioner for Internal Security and Home Affairs, Dr. Suleiman Shuaibu, said security forces carried out 34 operations in April alone, resulting in the arrest of 54 high-profile suspects and the rescue of over 75 kidnapped victims.
“Several criminal hideouts have been dismantled, and prosecutions are ongoing to ensure justice for victims,” he said.
Shuaibu also highlighted the government’s emphasis on non-military strategies, including the creation of the Kaduna Peace Dialogue Group for negotiation and reintegration of repentant bandits.
He added that initiatives such as the reopening of livestock markets and a boost in agricultural yields were proof of the effectiveness of the non-kinetic approach.
“The safety and well-being of our citizens remain paramount. We call on the public to disregard the purported kidnapping ranking and instead focus on fostering vigilance, resilience, and sustainable peace in our state,” he concluded.
© 2025 Naijaonpoint, a division of NOP Media Inc. Contact us via [email protected]